• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Called. One of our employees was on a hate speech group...

Facebook doesn't offer phone support to it's average users. Typically, they offer personalized support reps if you spend anywhere from high 5 figures a month in ads, all the way to 8 figures a month.

Otherwise, you're a small fry, and they could literally care less about your opinions in groups, pages, or anywhere else. As there are automated methods of punishing people who break their terms of service.

Whoever made the call wasn't a Facebook Employee or Rep, and was likely a disgruntled person attempting to get somebody fired.

Facebook Let Advertisers Target Users Interested in Nazis, According to Report
https://www.adweek.com/digital/face...sers-interested-in-nazis-according-to-report/

Another "democrat that cares about the little guy and their feelings."

*cough Bezos.

Facebook, much like other media buying platforms use third party information from data providers to create categories where you may target a user based on behavior, interest, and what have you.

2NDf5yq.png

In the event a category that's offensive or crude slips through the cracks, you may report it using the text link in the screenshot.

There's countless platforms that don't permit things like this. However, they may unknowingly (and limitedly). Again, things do slip through the cracks, even at such a high level of business.

In a perfect world things like this do not exist. We don't live in a perfect world.

Facebook, much like other media buying platforms use third party information from data providers to create categories where you may target a user based on behavior, interest, and what have you.

2NDf5yq.png

In the event a category that's offensive or crude slips through the cracks, you may report it using the text link in the screenshot.

There's countless platforms that don't permit things like this. However, they may unknowingly (and limitedly). Again, things do slip through the cracks, even at such a high level of business.

In a perfect world things like this do not exist. We don't live in a perfect world.
Then they do an awfully shit job of filtering out "offensive" targets. They have a TON of money and resources, the fact is they don't care and give anyone the opportunity to spend money in their advertising. Slip through the cracks, my ass.

Facebook decided which users are interested in Nazis — and let advertisers target them directly
https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-facebook-nazi-metal-ads-20190221-story.html

Despite promises of greater oversight following past advertising scandals, a Times review shows that Facebook has continued to allow advertisers to target hundreds of thousands of users the social media firm believes are curious about topics such as “Joseph Goebbels,” “Josef Mengele,” “Heinrich Himmler,” the neo-nazi punk band Skrewdriver and Benito Mussolini’s long-defunct National Fascist Party.

Facebook allowed The Times to target ads to users Facebook has determined are interested in Goebbels, the Third Reich’s chief propagandist, Himmler, the architect of the Holocaust and leader of the SS, and Mengele, the infamous concentration camp doctor who performed human experiments on prisoners. Each category included hundreds of thousands of users.

la-1550724346-szviua1o2h-snap-image

Last edited:
Then they do an awfully shit job of filtering out "offensive" targets. They have a TON of money and resources, the fact is they don't care and give anyone the opportunity to spend money in their advertising. Slip through the cracks, my ass.

Facebook decided which users are interested in Nazis — and let advertisers target them directly
https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-facebook-nazi-metal-ads-20190221-story.html

Despite promises of greater oversight following past advertising scandals, a Times review shows that Facebook has continued to allow advertisers to target hundreds of thousands of users the social media firm believes are curious about topics such as “Joseph Goebbels,” “Josef Mengele,” “Heinrich Himmler,” the neo-nazi punk band Skrewdriver and Benito Mussolini’s long-defunct National Fascist Party.

Facebook allowed The Times to target ads to users Facebook has determined are interested in Goebbels, the Third Reich’s chief propagandist, Himmler, the architect of the Holocaust and leader of the SS, and Mengele, the infamous concentration camp doctor who performed human experiments on prisoners. Each category included hundreds of thousands of users.

la-1550724346-szviua1o2h-snap-image

Your argument also applies to Google Ads - they too have a ton of money and resources available to monitor campaigns that break their terms of use, lower consumer trust, and ultimately waste ad dollars.

upload_2019-2-23_16-47-57.png

The screenshot above is an example showcasing affiliates promoting fake giveaways, things that are against the terms of service to promote in Google Ads. Yet, they still approve these campaigns. Because again.. it's very difficult, even for one of the biggest internet moguls, to monitor and act against these types of people.

And don't get me started on SEO. Plenty of websites on the SERP's that shouldn't be there... Besides, Anything that you do to affect your internet ranking intentionally is against Google's Webmaster TOS. Whitehat and Blackhat tactics can get your website penalized. I've seen websites go down for editing structure & modifying simple on-page.

The point I'm making here is that there's not one perfect platform out there. And if you believe that there is, you're either biased or misinformed.

Your argument also applies to Google Ads - they too have a ton of money and resources available to monitor campaigns that break their terms of use, lower consumer trust, and ultimately waste ad dollars.

View attachment 4070

The screenshot above is an example showcasing affiliates promoting fake giveaways, things that are against the terms of service to promote in Google Ads. Yet, they still approve these campaigns. Because again.. it's very difficult, even for one of the biggest internet moguls, to monitor and act against these types of people.

And don't get me started on SEO. Plenty of websites on the SERP's that shouldn't be there... Besides, Anything that you do to affect your internet ranking intentionally is against Google's Webmaster TOS. Whitehat and Blackhat tactics can get your website penalized. I've seen websites go down for editing structure & modifying simple on-page.

I think we agree more than we disagree man. We were discussing Facebook, if you want to talk Google (organic and paid) start another thread.

I've been doing this since around 1993 (senior year of college) and by no means have I witnessed a perfect piece of software or application, please don't put words into my mouth. You're not educating me here. They all have holes in them. However, the point of the matter, Google, Facebook, etc. should be spending more resources (money) on creating smarter scrubbing systems and yet they seem not to do so (yes for Google, some of the things that they allow to flow through organically are sketchy and seem to be hyper subjective). The LA Times articles shows you just a bit of what you can target market, when shouldn't be able. There are certain subjects that are ridiculous and blatantly offensive and I don't think Facebook gives a rat's ass, they just want your advertising dollars.

Let's keep in mind the Cambridge Analytica scandal. If that weren't exposed, it would have been business as usual for Zuckerdork. Meanwhile, what a pathetic retort. Yeah.... he sounds like he gives a care. Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote in a response to this scandal, “I’ve been working to understand exactly what happened and how to make sure this doesn’t happen again. The good news is that the most important actions to prevent this from happening again today we have already taken years ago. But we also made mistakes, there’s more to do, and we need to step up and do it.”

"We have already taken years ago...?" What the f*ck does that mean...? LMFAO! He's playing dumb and basically admitting that they suck and that their system was and still is easily manipulated.

Meanwhile...
Huh? The guy who lead the research created one of the early prototypes with Zuckerberg, while at Harvard.
It's like agencies using Nielsen, because it's the only thing they had at the time.

PlainSite Facebook Reality Check (PDF)

What seems too good to be true often is. The zeitgeist has changed markedly since 2007, when the company was the obsession of virtually every Silicon Valley investor, having built its Platform to make the world “more open and connected.” Yet as bad as things have been of late for Facebook, with endless privacy breaches and Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election hanging over Menlo Park like a spectre, we believe that the situation is far worse than investors realize. Facebook has been lying to the public about the scale of its problem with fake accounts, which likely exceed 50% of its network. Its official metrics—many of which it has stopped reporting quarterly—are self-contradictory and even farcical. The company has lost control of its own product.

:huh?: