• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is Facebook's ad frequency up?

It feels like I'm getting more ads on Facebook. Yesterday morning I had 1 ad for every 2 posts. This morning it is about 1 ad for every 5 posts. Anyone noticing these variances?

Looking at Facebook's changelog, it doesn't appear they've reported any differences in delivery methods.

I have noticed more ads in the feed lately. As far as advertiser frequency goes, hard to say.

Last Month:

upload_2019-5-21_10-6-11.png

This Month:

upload_2019-5-21_10-8-26.png

Only difference I've seen is a higher CPL. However, we've strayed away from certain campaign types. And have focused in on Trade-In, Spanish Subprime, and Rideshare. Straying away from general subprime targeting.

For me, given the highly curated and exclusive friends list I have, I think Facebook is just running out of content to show me.
I go on maybe 2 times a week and there's nothing to see besides ads and people sharing their shit post from 3 years ago all over again.

While Mark is busy reducing functionality and targeting options for advertisers, he must be making up for it in slamming ads everywhere.

I quit Facebook for a total of two weeks. Was a struggle - social media is addicting. Especially for people in my generation.
Ha! I'm pretty sure the social media channel heads know this. Ironically, it's caught on more with an older or aging female demographic as well. It makes sense, but that's pretty weird if you ask me. I see the value of the reach (cannot be argued frankly), but I don't have time for it.

Again, unless your model allows you to sell directly from a native social media component, you're relying on your clicked landing pages. No need to mention how many of them suck. It's not exclusive to automotive retail either, to be fair to automotive retail. I'm probably overstating the obvious, I'll shut up now.

I quit Facebook for a total of two weeks. Was a struggle - social media is addicting. Especially for people in my generation.

Walk me through this. What do you do on Facebook?
When I go on there, there is nothing.
I tried instagram too, but it's just photos of people pretending their life is amazing.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like Facebook and Instagram are just peering into the best 1% of other people's lives.
I feel like if I stared at these things all day I would just get miserable.

Walk me through this. What do you do on Facebook?
When I go on there, there is nothing.
I tried instagram too, but it's just photos of people pretending their life is amazing.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like Facebook and Instagram are just peering into the best 1% of other people's lives.
I feel like if I stared at these things all day I would just get miserable.
LMFAO! BWAHAHA... that might be one if the funniest posts ever here! :)

How dare you @craigh!? How dare you say anything negative about their utmost social importance!

Now look at me and my AWESOME posts!!!!