• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Just Plain Cool Sh!t

Without corporate virtue signaling how will I know that LinkedIn as a company doesn't hate gay people?
*This deserves it's own thread, sorry for derailing it.

I like that "corporate virtue signaling." There's much assumption in that I believe. Not everyone agrees with the lifestyle. Corporate shills and political goons putting their fingers in the air to see which way the wind blows, they don't truly give a shit or realize the business they lose because of it. *see Hillary getting smashed in electorals.

Survey shows 72% of LGBTQ+ community believe their representation is tokenistic
https://www-smartinsights-com.cdn.a...iance-for-responsible-media-news-roundup/amp/

*This deserves it's own thread, sorry for derailing it.

I like that "corporate virtue signaling." There's much assumption in that I believe. Not everyone agrees with the lifestyle. Corporate shills and political goons putting their fingers in the air to see which way the wind blows, they don't truly give a shit or realize the business they lose because of it. *see Hillary getting smashed in electorals.

Survey shows 72% of LGBTQ+ community believe their representation is tokenistic
https://www-smartinsights-com.cdn.a...iance-for-responsible-media-news-roundup/amp/

Interesting article, but the call to action there is, “brands need to do more to make LGBTQ+ members feel more valued.”

I find myself going the other way. I want companies participating less in those conversations. I don’t want to know that Chick-Fil-A’s corporate values are anti-LGBT (I don’t even know if they are, but Dan Cathy’s controversial comments a few years ago come to mind) when all I need from Chick-Fil-A is a fucking chicken sandwich. Companies are trying to officially contribute to conversations that belong to the general discourse, and it comes off as very disingenuous.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Interesting article, but the call to action there is, “brands need to do more to make LGBTQ+ members feel more valued.”

I find myself going the other way. I want companies participating less in those conversations. I don’t want to know that Chick-Fil-A’s corporate values are anti-LGBT (I don’t even know if they are, but Dan Cathy’s controversial comments a few years ago come to mind) when all I need from Chick-Fil-A is a fucking chicken sandwich. Companies are trying to officially contribute to conversations that belong to the general discourse, and it comes off as very disingenuous.
Can't argue that, you're right.