• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Just Plain Cool Sh!t

Get Podium

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
Mars, PA
First Name
Alex
How about a bunch of drones dropping plastic Army guys with parachutes with dealer advertising? Is that littering? What if you do it at a parade? What if it's a homo parade and the parachute is rainbow, I bet they let you then.

Increase Test Drive Appointments!

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
Mars, PA
First Name
Alex
Without corporate virtue signaling how will I know that LinkedIn as a company doesn't hate gay people?
*This deserves it's own thread, sorry for derailing it.

I like that "corporate virtue signaling." There's much assumption in that I believe. Not everyone agrees with the lifestyle. Corporate shills and political goons putting their fingers in the air to see which way the wind blows, they don't truly give a shit or realize the business they lose because of it. *see Hillary getting smashed in electorals.

Survey shows 72% of LGBTQ+ community believe their representation is tokenistic
https://www-smartinsights-com.cdn.a...iance-for-responsible-media-news-roundup/amp/

Increase Test Drive Appointments!

Eric88

Noob
Jan 27, 2019
Roanoke, VA
First Name
Erik
*This deserves it's own thread, sorry for derailing it.

I like that "corporate virtue signaling." There's much assumption in that I believe. Not everyone agrees with the lifestyle. Corporate shills and political goons putting their fingers in the air to see which way the wind blows, they don't truly give a shit or realize the business they lose because of it. *see Hillary getting smashed in electorals.

Survey shows 72% of LGBTQ+ community believe their representation is tokenistic
https://www-smartinsights-com.cdn.a...iance-for-responsible-media-news-roundup/amp/
Interesting article, but the call to action there is, “brands need to do more to make LGBTQ+ members feel more valued.”

I find myself going the other way. I want companies participating less in those conversations. I don’t want to know that Chick-Fil-A’s corporate values are anti-LGBT (I don’t even know if they are, but Dan Cathy’s controversial comments a few years ago come to mind) when all I need from Chick-Fil-A is a fucking chicken sandwich. Companies are trying to officially contribute to conversations that belong to the general discourse, and it comes off as very disingenuous.

Reactions: Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
Mars, PA
First Name
Alex
Interesting article, but the call to action there is, “brands need to do more to make LGBTQ+ members feel more valued.”

I find myself going the other way. I want companies participating less in those conversations. I don’t want to know that Chick-Fil-A’s corporate values are anti-LGBT (I don’t even know if they are, but Dan Cathy’s controversial comments a few years ago come to mind) when all I need from Chick-Fil-A is a fucking chicken sandwich. Companies are trying to officially contribute to conversations that belong to the general discourse, and it comes off as very disingenuous.
Can't argue that, you're right.