• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carol_Photogal

Full Sticker
Aug 7, 2019
First Name
Carol
Today the online showroom is more important than ever.
Your product, new or used is more valued if there are quality images on your website.
How many dealerships have pushed the initiative for better automotive photography?
If you have a smaller dealership, would it be worth the effort to join forces with other area dealerships and purchase a high quality
photographic system that all of the partners could share? If so, how are these opportunities being offered?
Your thoughts and insight are appreciated.
CarStudioSmallCrop.jpg

This is a long watch, but Kershner, Pistell, and I teamed up with the designer of Carvana's photo booth on a recent RefreshFriday. Hopefully, it has some value for someone thinking about better photos. Always a good topic!

Yes Alex, Kent works with me. The "Photo-booth" systems that you guys were talking about are the best on the market. They are cost and time efficient while being really simple to use. This is exactly the high level of imagery I was referring to. If a group of neighborhood dealerships could work together, the system could benefit everyone involved. Making the online showroom work to move inventory is the name of the game.

First things that comes to mind: Where is this thing going to be located, between 2 or more dealers? Just thinking about logistics.

This looks like an amazing facility!

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the response.
I shot this image when I was on-sight for a service evaluation in Indiana.
This Indiana facility photographs a high number of vehicles each day, and the studio system makes it possible for every vehicle that goes through to have beautiful photographs withe proper vehicle lighting.
We have another client in Troy, Michigan that has a stage in the back of his dealership property. They shoot their new and used vehicles so efficiently that they have opened up their stage to neighboring dealers (different brands) in the same "Motor Mall" area within a mile.
Their stage is making their images look great while generating excess revenue by offering their photographic services to their dealership neighbors.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the response.
I shot this image when I was on-sight for a service evaluation in Indiana.
This Indiana facility photographs a high number of vehicles each day, and the studio system makes it possible for every vehicle that goes through to have beautiful photographs withe proper vehicle lighting.
We have another client in Troy, Michigan that has a stage in the back of his dealership property. They shoot their new and used vehicles so efficiently that they have opened up their stage to neighboring dealers (different brands) in the same "Motor Mall" area within a mile.
Their stage is making their images look great while generating excess revenue by offering their photographic services to their dealership neighbors.

Now we're talking. That's a great idea. Recoup the initial investment is key. Great job!!

Reactions: Carol_Photogal