• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Dealers - Are you signing up for Shop Click Drive for Nov Promo

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
If you are a GM dealer are you signing up for Shop Click Drive for the Nov incentive promo? If you have an alternate digital retailing platform how are you handling that with the possibility of 2 digital retailing platforms on your website. Thanks!

If you are a GM dealer are you signing up for Shop Click Drive for the Nov incentive promo? If you have an alternate digital retailing platform how are you handling that with the possibility of 2 digital retailing platforms on your website. Thanks!

Not a GM dealer, so my answer is probably worth $0, but I’ll shoot my shot anyway.

Not a fan of the customer experience of shop click drive, but I’ve never used it as a dealer, so I don’t have any metrics.

Most important to me: I would take a hard pass on having 2 DR solutions live on my site at the same time. Just seems guaranteed to confuse instead of help.

I haven't heard the news yet, is GM tying incentive money to participation in SCD? I guess that's one way to get dealers to embrace it...

Reactions: George Nenni

Maybe I've missed something. Is the GM "incentive" the recent announcement that a previously free tool is now going to cost them? As best as I can understand it, the new SCD is going to require you to do your dealer pricing in their new D2C2 system to ensure pricing matches your website. Depending on what your current pricing method is, that could result in double-work because SCD needs to have dealer incentive broken out, to be sent to them without OEM incentives and discounts included (unlike how it would be for most syndication) or it ends up double-discounting. If you already have a digital retailing product you are happy with, I'd forego the new SCD and revisit it again in the future when you review your existing digital retailing tool.

If you have multiple rooftops, unless they are all GM brands, all adding SCD does, is make your current digital retailing experience less brandable and marketable as a tool across your rooftops since you can't roll it out on other OEM rooftops.