• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GMB now including listings

Still in "beta" - as most google products. They think the process is so linear, when it is not. The jury is out on whether it will increase VDPs -- would you rather want your customer on a GMB VIN info page that you have little/no control over? Or your website VDP? Seems like it just adds another click for the customer. Lastly, it doesn't allow for promotion/specials.

Google wasn't happy with dealer mobile websites, and this was the solution. Remember, this only shows up on MOBILE (for now)

And lastly -- remember that your GMB primarily (I have heard over 90%) shows up only when someone searches your DEALER NAME. Dealer name searches are better off on our website.

I would say we just keep a close eye on it, and the reporting that will be coming out of it. The initial stats from a few dealers - decrease VDP traffic from mobile devices.
Thanks Drew -good feedback! Agree on all points.

Still in "beta" - as most google products. They think the process is so linear, when it is not. The jury is out on whether it will increase VDPs -- would you rather want your customer on a GMB VIN info page that you have little/no control over? Or your website VDP? Seems like it just adds another click for the customer. Lastly, it doesn't allow for promotion/specials.

Google wasn't happy with dealer mobile websites, and this was the solution. Remember, this only shows up on MOBILE (for now)

And lastly -- remember that your GMB primarily (I have heard over 90%) shows up only when someone searches your DEALER NAME. Dealer name searches are better off on our website.

I would say we just keep a close eye on it, and the reporting that will be coming out of it. The initial stats from a few dealers - decrease VDP traffic from mobile devices.
@DrewAment and @MarcyMMDealerAdvocates did you happen to see this https://searchengineland.com/google-local-car-dealership-inventory-search-results-348051

If you jump into the other string on DR, there is more information. Basically as it exists now, it is just a beta BUT Google is obviously heading down a path that leads somewhere...

@DrewAment and @MarcyMMDealerAdvocates did you happen to see this https://searchengineland.com/google-local-car-dealership-inventory-search-results-348051

If you jump into the other string on DR, there is more information. Basically as it exists now, it is just a beta BUT Google is obviously heading down a path that leads somewhere...
thanks @DrewAment - I did see that! The main reason I hopped on the thread was that I got a call from a vendor charging $500/month to add the CARS inventory to my clients GMB listing(s). RIDICULOUS!!?? Not sure how I feel about Google having all of the dealership's inventory - they will likely then use it in search and serve up Google results..vs a dealership... The more data they have, the more they control the 'world'!