• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RIP Facebook Marketplace for Car Dealers

It's time to lace these bad boys back up! #botshoes
View attachment 5543
Haha I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze. Facebook has been banning ad accounts and business managers left and right for no rhyme or reason. I definitely wouldn't want to give them a reason, especially considering Marketplace's minimal ROI.

Reactions: Rick Buffkin
We get several of those of course, but we have very good success with Marketplace. Especially since we have our chat connected to our FB page. I also thinks it helps that our salespeople handle all chats. In February and March Marketplace actually outperformed our 3rd Party Listing sites.
How do you go about connecting a chat to marketplace?

So. Are we all on the same page thinking that a 3rd party is going to offer a service for posting these vehicles (and deleting them) manually? Is it too far out of the realm of possibility a 3rd party creates an internal software to make that process more efficient and take it off the dealership to do it?

For an auto group, this would be at least 1 dedicated hire to manage if the Marketplace is an avenue they want to continue with.

So. Are we all on the same page thinking that a 3rd party is going to offer a service for posting these vehicles (and deleting them) manually? Is it too far out of the realm of possibility a 3rd party creates an internal software to make that process more efficient and take it off the dealership to do it?

For an auto group, this would be at least 1 dedicated hire to manage if the Marketplace is an avenue they want to continue with.

I thought about this, but I just don't see it being a long term strategy.
They're emphasizing that there are advertising slots alongside the marketplace and I think that's what we're going to target.
While consumers are browsing, we'll be serving ads along the side trying to sway them away.

September will be a month of learning for sure - we've got lots of things to try.

I'd be very nervous to hire a service that does this "manually." More likely than not, they would be using an RPA (robotic process automation) tool to automate the posting. Facebook can likely detect this and it could put your dealership at risk of having your page disabled.

I'd be very nervous to hire a service that does this "manually." More likely than not, they would be using an RPA (robotic process automation) tool to automate the posting. Facebook can likely detect this and it could put your dealership at risk of having your page disabled.
I agree. I am also nervous about companies like Zen Dealers claiming they an "incredible development team along with our unique partnership with Facebook" that allows them to post auto inventory from a DMA on your behalf.

Our experience with a vendor that moves inventory to Marketplace? Cheap cost/rooftop per month, however, the leads are low quality and low in number. The execs are freaking a bit, but the ROI is so low my recommendation is to skip trying to "figure it out" and put more $$ into specified AIA ads and the like. ‍♂️

Reactions: craigh