• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who Has Access to Your Data

I've no doubt that we gave these permissions. Just never thought to turn them off. So I'm the dumbass as far as I'm concerned. Ha.

For example, we signed up with TrueCar about two years ago and canceled within a few months (what a disaster that was). They still had access.

What is Authenticom by the way? That's one that I didn't recognize.
Can I ask what you did not like about TrueCar?

Can I ask what you did not like about TrueCar?
Pretty much everything. The main one was the fact that we were sold on the idea that their leads would be very low funnel and they the costumer had to go through several steps before sending in a lead. The only leads that ever responded said something to the effect of "We just started looking and weren't expecting to hear from anyone." We only sold one lead that came from them, but they tried to charge us for two others that started the process with us before they interacted with TrueCar.

Reactions: craigh
Pretty much everything. The main one was the fact that we were sold on the idea that their leads would be very low funnel and they the costumer had to go through several steps before sending in a lead. The only leads that ever responded said something to the effect of "We just started looking and weren't expecting to hear from anyone." We only sold one lead that came from them, but they tried to charge us for two others that started the process with us before they interacted with TrueCar.
I see..I was thinking about adding TrueCar because of the added benefits to veterans. (we get a lot at our dealership) It's a nice perk to offer 20% off a repair bill twice a year, and paying the $500 deductible twice a year in case of an accident.

I've no doubt that we gave these permissions. Just never thought to turn them off. So I'm the dumbass as far as I'm concerned. Ha.

For example, we signed up with TrueCar about two years ago and canceled within a few months (what a disaster that was). They still had access.

What is Authenticom by the way? That's one that I didn't recognize.

One of the great things about Authenticoms DealerVault product - when you are in the portal, you can deactivate a data feed coming from any of your dealerships within seconds. We will never send your data to anyone you do not give permission to. Same goes for Vendors - they can set a deactivation date (contract termination) and stop paying the data fee, or deactivate immediately as well. Dealers can audit and download reporting features to see who has access to their data and even download the exact data file we sent to the vendor. Did I forget to mention our DealerVault product is free to Dealers? #shamelessplug ;-)

The owner sends me a list every 6 months to update who and who does NOT need access. You may also want to check your inventory management tool to see where all your inventory may be being sent as well.
@BillKVMotorCo, related.... you might try https://builtwith.com/ - enter your website URLs to get a snapshot of what plugins, pixels, etc. are running on your sites. If you recognize any services or vendors you no longer use, purge the offending code and notify the vendor(s).

@BillKVMotorCo, related.... you might try https://builtwith.com/ - enter your website URLs to get a snapshot of what plugins, pixels, etc. are running on your sites. If you recognize any services or vendors you no longer use, purge the offending code and notify the vendor(s).
I appreciate the heads up. I have always just used Tag Assistant, but this definitely shows a little bit more.

Reactions: Jim K