Montway Auto Transport

Kiar@Montway

Made Draw
Mar 7, 2022
First Name
Kiara
Ready to reach prospects where they shop? (BTW, it’s online, mostly from their couch or comfy chair.) Montway's Home Delivery solution includes a proprietary widget that seamlessly integrates with your website, enabling your dealership to display estimated shipping costs and delivery dates right on your vehicle details pages.

This technology captures leads after a shipping quote request has been made for timely follow-up by a sales rep. Dealers also have access to a custom portal that provides full transparency from quote to delivery.

Now your “local market” can be right next door or across the country! Comment below to request a demo of Montway’s award-winning Home Delivery solution.

I’m at the Auto Intel Summit where there are a few themes percolating:

• Transparency in the sales process for the customer
  • Frictionless customer experience
  • Dealers should begin planning for having a lot of cars on the lot again - when it happens it will happen FAST!

Montway is clearly tackling the first two bullets.

BEWARE of MONTWAY Transport Company:

I feel I need to mention this because we researched Montway Transport when they first released their widget that would allow customers to get instant shipping quotes (from Montway) on the dealer site. It sounded like a great idea when we first heard about it.

First off, Montway is a broker - not a transport company. There's a big difference between the two terms.

Secondly, as I dug into Montway more I noticed THOUSANDS of glowing reviews on Google, but when I looked at their reviews on Yelp it was the EXACT OPPOSITE. Horrible overall ratings with so many of accounts of unsatisfied customers (mind you they have accounts registered for many geographic areas across the US). There were so many mentions of Montway not being accountable for damaged vehicles, horrible communication between Montway's office staff and customers, horrible communication between transport drivers and customers (mind you Montway is a broker so the drivers don't work for Montway and the rigs used to transport vehicles are not owned and maintained by Montway), there were numerous instances of drivers not speaking a lick of english making communication difficult when problems arise.

My thoughts are:

1. A lot of their Google reviews are suspect. If I saw that kind of review discrepancy with a dealership, I would suspect that something was afoot.

2. Personally, I would generally stick with using actual transport companies vs. brokers because you want that accountability and direct communication in the event something goes wrong during shipping.

3. This is kind of genius on Montway's part, but they actually created a page on their blog titled, "How to Spot Fake Auto Transport Reviews" so when dealers search the terms "Montway" and "Fake Reviews", their blog post comes up at the top of the results ... workin' that SEO.

4. Remember, if you place Montway's widget your your dealership's website and customers use it to get a shipping quote and secure transportation AND problems arise during shipping AND the customer can't get a hold of either the driver or Montway or both, who do you think they'll be calling next to ask for answers?

5. I don't want to say anything bad against Montway. Ultimately after doing the research on them, we decided to steer clear. If you are going to consider Montway, look at the vast difference between their Google and Yelp reviews, do the research and decide for yourself.

So Sam... you only looked at Google and Yelp reviews? Yelp is nothing but negativity. That place is a cesspool of nastiness on par with YouTube comments. I sometimes wonder if things that start with Y are troll attractants.

I actually used Montway as a dealer and as a consumer. Every experience shipping cars around the country has been fantastic! Other dealer friends of mine have recommended them to other dealers for sending everything from inexpensive used cars to 6-figure rarities. My actual experience has been quite the opposite of your research.

Reactions: Kiar@Montway
Alex, I'm glad you've had a good experience dealing with Montway. But for you to generalize all of Yelp as "nothing but negativity" sounds like you are saying 100% of what's on Yelp is negative. I realize the issues with Yelp and I know of their history, but when the discrepancy is roughly 40-45% of Montway's reviews on Yelp are postitive and roughly 95% of Montway's reviews on Google are positive, that's a glaring red flag.

BEWARE of MONTWAY Transport Company:

I feel I need to mention this because we researched Montway Transport when they first released their widget that would allow customers to get instant shipping quotes (from Montway) on the dealer site. It sounded like a great idea when we first heard about it.

First off, Montway is a broker - not a transport company. There's a big difference between the two terms.

Secondly, as I dug into Montway more I noticed THOUSANDS of glowing reviews on Google, but when I looked at their reviews on Yelp it was the EXACT OPPOSITE. Horrible overall ratings with so many of accounts of unsatisfied customers (mind you they have accounts registered for many geographic areas across the US). There were so many mentions of Montway not being accountable for damaged vehicles, horrible communication between Montway's office staff and customers, horrible communication between transport drivers and customers (mind you Montway is a broker so the drivers don't work for Montway and the rigs used to transport vehicles are not owned and maintained by Montway), there were numerous instances of drivers not speaking a lick of english making communication difficult when problems arise.

My thoughts are:

1. A lot of their Google reviews are suspect. If I saw that kind of review discrepancy with a dealership, I would suspect that something was afoot.

2. Personally, I would generally stick with using actual transport companies vs. brokers because you want that accountability and direct communication in the event something goes wrong during shipping.

3. This is kind of genius on Montway's part, but they actually created a page on their blog titled, "How to Spot Fake Auto Transport Reviews" so when dealers search the terms "Montway" and "Fake Reviews", their blog post comes up at the top of the results ... workin' that SEO.

4. Remember, if you place Montway's widget your your dealership's website and customers use it to get a shipping quote and secure transportation AND problems arise during shipping AND the customer can't get a hold of either the driver or Montway or both, who do you think they'll be calling next to ask for answers?

5. I don't want to say anything bad against Montway. Ultimately after doing the research on them, we decided to steer clear. If you are going to consider Montway, look at the vast difference between their Google and Yelp reviews, do the research and decide for yourself.
Hey Sam,

It's always important to conduct research, but clarity is needed on a few of your points.

You are right, Montway is a broker. We arrange auto transport by leveraging our 15,000+ nationwide carrier network. We have systems in place to check 20 different data points to ensure the carrier meets our quality standards. Many carriers only operate regionally and cannot service all the routes a dealer may have. Montway can.

Regarding our reviews, Alex addressed the Yelp concern (thanks, Alex!) and many companies continue to criticize Yelp for its mysterious review filter, claiming that Yelp intentionally hides positive reviews. While Yelp is handy to find a local restaurant, it's not an appropriate platform for many other types of businesses. I encourage you to check out our TransportReviews too.

Montway has NO fake reviews; 100% of our reviews are from actual customers and reflect their real experiences working with us. We are very proud of our customer reviews and a 4.7-star rating. We have so many genuine reviews because we politely ask for them and every review is read. We respond to the negative reviews in order to better understand the customer experience and improve what we can on our end.

Regarding customer service, our team has extended business hours and can be reached by phone and live chat nearly 24-hours a day. Montway actually has a very low claims rate and our claims resolution averages 16.5 days, a distinct advantage for dealerships if there is indeed a problem.

With Montway as your auto transport partner, you get award-winning customer service (our department won a bronze Best in Biz award in 2021) and greater accountability.

I know you decided "to steer clear" of Montway, but if you'd like to have a real conversation about our services and reputation and the value we can bring to your operation I can have our Executive Vice President give you a call.

I don't have a beef. All I have is the message I led with: BEWARE of MONTWAY Transport Company. That's not bashing Montway. A sign in a front yard saying "Beware of Dog" is not bashing the dog that resides there, it's just advising passersby to keep their heads up and their wits about them.

I don't see how advising other dealerships to be cautious about something is bashing. I'm just a dealership employee who wants to look out for the dealer community. I thought that's what Jeff's forum was for. Sorry, I think I've learned my lesson and I won't be posting again.