• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best Email Provider

bpreston

Grease Monkey
Apr 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bobby
Our current email provider (who we've had for quite some time now) is quite frankly very primitive, we have so many security measures in place that I can't even reply to emails from home or on my phone without having to jump through hoops. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the best email provider (whether in house or outsourced) on the basis of ease of use, storage, security, and price.

I highly recommend GoogleApps! If you have less then 50 users and don't require alot of frills - it is FREE! You get the 7+GB of storage that is standard for a Gmail account.

For over 50 users, or if you want the premier version, it is $50 per user, per YEAR. Very inexpensive for what it offers. And upgrades to 25GB of storage.

Comparison chart at Google Apps Standard Edition helps groups build communities - Google Apps Standard Edition

Sign up for the free version and play around with it. You wont go back to anything else.

I see you are using Dealer.com for your website hosting. Would they also host your email?

The Google is a solid solution but not sure if I would depend on it for an operation of your size...I usually see smaller business using Google Apps. I use it for DealerRefresh and love it.

Who is your IT company? In house or outsourced? I would recommend asking them to offer some options on different solutions as well.

ActiveDirectory + Microsoft Exchange. Yes, you're looking at more money, but these softwares were built to handle many employees across many campuses - like the Preston Auto Group. It is what we use Bobby. And it does a ton more than just email.

Our IT company is in house and we have 6 dealerships.... sounds like gmail would not be the best option. I'll look into other options thanks for suggestions. What else do you use ActiveDirectory and Microsoft Exchange for Alex?

Assigning all sorts of logins and permissions, WebSense accounts, Calendars, Instant chats, Address Books, syncing meetings and meeting places, syncing with mobile devices.....and those are just the things I get involved in. Beyond those, our IT department would have to get in the discussion.