• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HomeNet vs vAuto as an Inventory Provider

You. Are. The. Man. We are not utilizing many features other than import and backgrounding. I will need to look into how often it is pushed because I have always been under the impression that the once a day I've been getting was all they did. That's a big deal to us because we do a few things that I hate seeing sitting for a long period that is inaccurate.
A couple of other things that helped me. Setting up a pricing update via API between VAuto and Homenet. Its basically an instant push when the change is done in your VAuto account. Doing this allows for the most recent price change to be syndicated out if your doing multiple syndications. Its super simple for them to do. I think you can setup comments via API also.

Inventory removal threshold alerts. Call support and have them to set this up. I've ran into issues before when partial files from the DMS were delivered or a few other items thats happend that would trigger most of the inventory to be removed from the feed. (It never failed that the only day of the week this would happen on is a Friday or Saturday LOL) I think the standard alert (If its set up) is set at a 80 or 85% removal threshold. You can have that adjusted. I set mine down to 40%. Basically if theres more than 40% of the inventory thats going to be removed via the feed, to pause the removal and send you and support an alert. That way you're aware of whats going on and to make sure that everything is in the correct working order.

Reactions: joe.pistell
A couple of other things that helped me. Setting up a pricing update via API between VAuto and Homenet. Its basically an instant push when the change is done in your VAuto account. Doing this allows for the most recent price change to be syndicated out if your doing multiple syndications. Its super simple for them to do. I think you can setup comments via API also.

Inventory removal threshold alerts. Call support and have them to set this up. I've ran into issues before when partial files from the DMS were delivered or a few other items thats happend that would trigger most of the inventory to be removed from the feed. (It never failed that the only day of the week this would happen on is a Friday or Saturday LOL) I think the standard alert (If its set up) is set at a 80 or 85% removal threshold. You can have that adjusted. I set mine down to 40%. Basically if theres more than 40% of the inventory thats going to be removed via the feed, to pause the removal and send you and support an alert. That way you're aware of whats going on and to make sure that everything is in the correct working order.
It's a shame vauto won't push back to DMS. I was told for liability reasons.

Hello All -- should I switch to vAuto Inventory Feed -- any issues with vAuto? (Currently using EBizAutos)
  • Adding Inventory?
  • Uploading photos?
  • Window Stickers?
  • Feed Syndication problems?
Thanks.

eBizAutos - haven't heard from nor seen from them in a LONG time. They had some impressive services back in the day and I built their popularity building out tools for dealers on eBay.

@Laz-NJAuto what's your reasoning for wanting to leave eBizAuto and what are you looking to accomplish with a different service?