• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com Google Analytics

hhhmmmm......I think we found your problem! You should be using Contact At Once. Just kidding! I understand the value of the analytics (Knowing where and how) on a chat but I am a bit confused how the live watching piece is beneficial. I am not 100% on this statement so it might be worth looking into but I would imagine AE would be your largest amount of Java on your site. Thats not me trying to steal you unless you are looking ;). I will keep my ears open and when I get to talk to people a million times smarter than me about this I will let you know. May be a while.

WOW Ryan great job misleading people. I suggest you actually get some hard data and brush up on your technical prowess before spouting off with your inaccurate opinions. I have never said one word about your company but you have left me without a choice here.

1. AE is not a large amount of JavaScript case in point our download is a 10K file compare that of Contact at Once which requires a 19K file download to function. Laymans terms your file size is 2 times larger than our file and you deploy more code to make your chat application function. Which do you think will download faster?

2. You questioned our speed. That is pretty funny. Here is a speed test. Your code is on the first store. Our code is on the rest of the stores. Just to make it fair they are all the same Cobalt template. WOW looks which site is the slowest. Yes that is right the one with the CAO code. Just so people really understand we are talking about hundreds of a second here. You seem to want to call attention to this for whatever reason.

caod.jpg

3. Live Analytics require no more bandwidth that your system yet they provide a whole host of advantages. Seeing people on your site, what vehicles they have looked at, how many times they have visited and even where they are located allow you to interact with them from an informed position instead of blind like what happen with your system. The only reason you don't see the advantage of them is because you don't have them.

My suggestion moving forward is to never call us out.

Well said Todd! I don't think I made a statement that was a shot at you. I was sharing opinion and said "I am not 100% on this statement so it might be worth looking into but I would imagine AE would be your largest amount of Java on your site." I am not saying you do! I said it would be worth looking at. My intention was not to anger you. I play in web design, online marketing, and have been in the car business for a while but not nearly as long as you. The point here is not that your product is the issue but having 3 analytic codes on a site.

Please forgive me if you feel I was taking a shot. I was not taking a shot. I respect your product. I have turned down the idea of us having live viewing on dealership websites. I agree that the keyword, path, and source is valuable.

As competitors we don't have to be enemies. Please forgive me if I offended you. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss because I don't feel this platform is great for this conversation.

Be blessed as well as your business!

678-446-7603

All of my Dealer.com clients with Google Analytics reported NO website traffic for yesterday. Definitely a Dealer.com problem, as my NON-Dealer.com clients all reported normal traffic. Anyone else having this problem?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]