• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A little proof in the Social Media pudding?

I 100% agree with Kevin and Ryan. In-house is best.
1. It isn't as difficult as vendors make it out to be.
2. It is way better to invest in your "human capital" and keep them
happy with the right tools and room for growth and creativity than to worry about the risk of losing them. And if they you do lose them, replace them with equivalent talent.
3. Your dealership page will sound like "you" and have "your voice" and will allow your customer to grow more confident in your brand. The voice of your dealership isn't one if a vendor setting up a feed with robotic comments that goes out to 100 other dealers.

I'm not opposed to vendors doing it, I just think it is a much better outcome with dedicated dealer personnel handling social media an dreputation management. Jut my opinion.

I love when dealerships have someone in-house dedicated to social and reputation - that is BEST CASE scenario, for sure! We get the best results with clients who have someone in the dealership that is responsible and does all of the great human capital side of social/repuation and relies on us for the back-end heavy lifting! I always say - if you have someone who is responsible for social and reputation, ideally they wouldn't spend more than 1 hr/day behind the computer. They would be out being social for the dealership and helping manage the reputation, by doing things like: process updates, dealership training/education sessions on best practices (like the Dealer Rater Why Buy Here's), creating why buy here videos, setting up dealership events, doing customer testimonial videos, making great "meet our team" videos, new car feature educational videos (i.e. how to work the nav system or bluetooth social integration, etc), partnering with community businesses to create cross-promotional social events (I LOVE these), creating awesome Instagram photo reels (a la Aaron Wirtz). There is so much awesome stuff that can be done! Have you guys seen the dealership with the planking video?! Ok, that was done professionally - but went CRAZY on their social! They had an "owling" one, as well, but the planking one was definitely funnier.