• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Active SRP/VDP CTA vs the usual?

Experimenting with Gubagoo as a replacement for a couple CTAs on our site. We’ve been using Gubagoo for several years and I am hell bent on a more active CTA vs the usual mundane “get price”, “check availability” etc.. and moving towards “let’s chat”, “text us now” etc.. which Gubagoo has been great with installing for us.

Any thoughts? Active CTA vs Static CTA?
In my experience Gubagoo is near the bottom of the barrel for increasing leads on VDPs. There are much smarter tools which do a better job at getting customer info and deanonymizing your web traffic. You hit the nail on the head when you said today's customers are looking for instant gratification, but unless you have a really well trained BDC that monitors your live chat tool all day long, including during lunch hours, you are missing opportunities.

We work with the Kunes Auto Group and they use our full suite of on-website chat/conversion tools. We can also deanonymize a majority of VDP viewers who do not submit leads.

You can play around with this setup in a live environment here:

Just go to any VDP. I recommend trying on mobile first as you probably have at least 60-70% on your clients going to your dealership site on mobile

In my experience Gubagoo is near the bottom of the barrel for increasing leads on VDPs. There are much smarter tools which do a better job at getting customer info and deanonymizing your web traffic. You hit the nail on the head when you said today's customers are looking for instant gratification, but unless you have a really well trained BDC that monitors your live chat tool all day long, including during lunch hours, you are missing opportunities.
Interesting. As much as I disliked how Gubagoo fell apart for me, I have to admit that my chat leads are actually dramatically lower with every other vendor I've tried.

Interesting. As much as I disliked how Gubagoo fell apart for me, I have to admit that my chat leads are actually dramatically lower with every other vendor I've tried.
Any chat is better than no chat in today's mobile-first world.

A.I. solutions have always typically sucked, but we have found a combination of tools that leverage A.I. really well and provide a really great on-website customer experience. We only rate tools based on lead conversion numbers and with the breadth of our client base, the numbers we have seen are best with the aforementioned setup.

The A.I. gets the customer info then the humans work the lead from there. Makes sure BDC don't have to watch chat all day, but instead focus on setting appointments.