• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Adding model reviews on used car listings?

Jul 27, 2021
First Name
Claire
Recently I was thinking of how to help bump up leads for online dealerships. From what I've heard, most buyers will shop around on multiple sites at a time and maybe even head over to sites like Cars.com to check out reviews for multiple car models & makes.

So how about adding a review widget directly to your site that collects say, the top 20 popular reviews from other sites and shows them to the buyer right there in the page. Right next to your "check financing" or "book test drive" button.

Do you think that's something useful? I've put an image example below. Thanks!

1627385532284.png

I won't say it is a bad idea because I don't know.

I am personally not a fan of any links on my website. I paid money to get a shopper to my website. I am reluctant to spend money for something that is going to take shoppers off of my website.
Thanks for the insight.

So what if this didn't link out at all but was just providing extra social proof that yes, people like this car, and here's why?

I think to get this to be actually useful, it's clear I need to do a test and prove that this increases inquiries of some sort.

Thanks for the insight.

So what if this didn't link out at all but was just providing extra social proof that yes, people like this car, and here's why?

I think to get this to be actually useful, it's clear I need to do a test and prove that this increases inquiries of some sort.
It is tricky. If you don't provide source data, it looks fake. If you do provide source data, you're providing a reference point to an off site marketplace.

I am not saying this is a bad idea. I am saying that I would not be interested in anything that may lead a consumer away from my website.