• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP CRM Emails Going To SPAM

sweece

Boss
Aug 18, 2010
First Name
Kyle
We use ADP CRM over at our dealership. I admit that I hate it. I'm very computer savvy and this thing just stinks to high hell with bad user interface design and no ability to integrate with third party applications (which is by and large becoming the norm these days).

Anyhow, we receive tons of complaints from customers that the emails we send them through ADP CRM aren't getting delivered. In order to keep track of customer communications, though, we must send email through ADP CRM. So we're stuck either:
A) Sending emails through ADP CRM that will not get delivered (or go directly to spam)
B) Sending email outside of CRM with the extra task of maintaining a log of communications

:rofl:

Why don't they get delivered? Good question. I believe it has something to do with the way ADP CRM sends emails. As an example, say my email address is [email protected]. In order to maintain a record of contact with the customer, ADP CRM sends the email from [email protected]. For one reason or another, customers aren't receiving these emails.

So what am I supposed to do, ADP?!

We ran ADP CRM years ago, and honestly, I absolutely LOVED it. Honestly, did things with that system that have since become LEGEND in the annals of CRM history... but I digress... :D

Do you know what White Listed/Black Listed is? Happened to us once waaaay back when with AOL -- couple of people complained about Spam, so AOL "Black Listed" us -- anything that was coming from our Server IP got blocked.

Of course, make sure you follow the P's & Q's of basic spam avoidance -- pay attention to key words in your subject lines, do not use heavy HTML -- basic stuff.

But also check your database of complainants to see if there's a pattern -- like everyone from AOL or PTD or what have you are the ones who are complaining. Then contact those ISP's to get "White Listed," there will be some things you need to do to prove you are an opt-in only emailer.

Good luck!

Is @webcrmmail.adpcrm.net the actual extension on your email addresses? If so, you might want to talk to ADP about aliasing that part. I was on ADP CRM for a few years a few years ago. I recall they had the ability to utilize aliasing which is definitely a nice feature :thumbup:

Aliasing isn't going to solve all your email problems but it might help with a few. Most incoming mail systems look at an IP address to see if it has sent "irrelevant" stuff in the past (spam, junk, etc) and that is why the alias might not have much affect.

At the end of the day your outbound mail host should be working to figure out what is wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for all the responses.

Here's the issue: we have no problem sending mail using Outlook so I don't think this is a problem with our email provider. The only emails that somehow seem to get lost are those that are sent through ADP CRM, which utilizes the same exact settings for sending email.

Alex -- @webcrmmail.adpcrm.net is not the actual extension for our email addresses. It's suss.net. So when we send an email through Outlook, it comes from our suss.net address, but when it goes through ADP CRM, it comes from the @webcrmmail.adpcrm.net extension.

I recall some email marketing being performed through ADP CRM in the past. I know that when this happens, it gets sent directly from our IP. We have since migrated to a 3rd party provider for email marketing so we aren't jeopardizing our IP. Maybe this had an effect?

Alex -- @webcrmmail.adpcrm.net is not the actual extension for our email addresses. It's suss.net. So when we send an email through Outlook, it comes from our suss.net address, but when it goes through ADP CRM, it comes from the @webcrmmail.adpcrm.net extension.

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that sweece. When you are sending email from ADP CRM, ADP is your email provider. And your suspicion is correct, you should be talking to them. I apologize if my post was a little confusing.

I was just trying to give you something extra you could do to potentially help the problem a little.

If you want to make sure all your emails sent from your ADP CRM system are delivered to the intended recipient, you are going to have to work on things through ADP.....probably not what you wanted to hear.