• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP VOIP phone with ADP CRM, anybody have it?

Matt B

Green Pea
Aug 30, 2011
First Name
Matt
We are in the process of upgrading from ADP's web suite 2007 to the ASP Drive DMS with the ADP VOIP phone system. They are also trying to sell us on their CRM tool as well which all I read about on here are negative reviews. (although all the reviews I see are quite dated and at least from what I'm told there have been multiple upgrades recently) From viewing the Demos of their CRM with the phone system it looks like it brings a lot of functionality by integrating the customer information from the phone call right into the CRM/DMS, calling with a click and recording that into the CRM etc. I haven’t seen anybody talk about any experience with ADP's (newer?) CRM when they also incorporate the VOIP phone.

What are your thoughts on bundling the CRM into the mix? I am hesitant as the contract term is long and nobody seems to think their CRM tool is worth it.

Last edited:
What's the cost of your VIOP phone? Do they automatically attach to leads and update the CRM tasks when you make a call? I use the ADP CRM, it's decent; people only hate it because they do not know how to use it. Once you learn how to use it, it will offer you pretty much everything all the other CRM clients offer. Go for the in-house training + phone support. Phone support is hit or miss, depending on the day and time. Some days you'll get support immediately, other days you'll be waiting a few days to hear back. In the end a CRM is a CRM, plus or minus a few extras here and there. The CRM is worth it, as far as the phone tool goes.. It's something I've been wanting to get, but I've heard the pricing is in excess of $100K for a complete dealership setup.

The ADP Voip phone is pretty costly but in line with other quotes. It's hard to give you a figure as we are installing one phone system for 4 stores and there are a lot of factors at play. The monthlys should be about the same as we are currently paying for voice but our current phone setup is antiquated and piecemealed together.
Yes the phone and ADP CRM work together to update/ create leads from phone calls/ups but we don't currently have the ADP CRM and I am not yet sure if the ADP phone with link with other CRM tools.

I am using ACT CRM so no idea about ADP. But it is good to have VOIP phone and CRM from the same company as if it gets integrated you would be able to manage your customer very efficiently. Imagine, a customer calls you and CRM automatically recognize that number and give you all the information and current transaction about the client. You will serve him better for sure. No harm of trying ADP CRM and ADP VOIP phone, but go for trial first to check the effectiveness.

I am using ACT CRM so no idea about ADP. But it is good to have VOIP phone and CRM from the same company as if it gets integrated you would be able to manage your customer very efficiently. Imagine, a customer calls you and CRM automatically recognize that number and give you all the information and current transaction about the client. You will serve him better for sure. No harm of trying ADP CRM and ADP VOIP phone, but go for trial first to check the effectiveness.