• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Adwords campaign limited due to trademark

Your best bet is to check with the company you're using for creating and posting Adwords campaigns. They should be able to help you find a way to work within any of the regulations Ford has in place.

I haven't had much personal experience with Ford, but have dealt with this for other manufacturers. Usually they will allow you to use their name when you're using your dealership name and/or location too. Something like:

Latham Ford Super Duty
www.lathamford.com
0% APR for 60 months
No Payments for 90 days

Fortunately for you, your name serves two purposes ;) ...if Ford mimics some of the PPC regulations other manufacturers have used.

It looks like a competitor is getting away with it. I found this ad when searching for your store.
Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 9.49.11 PM.png

Fortunately for you (again) I cannot get their website to load.

Franchisees run into this problem and some manufacturers have tighter strings on their names than others. It'll come up when doing specific campaigns for used. Plus you may have a new account under review??

The good news is that they have real humans and chat now. How can I get permission to use a trademarked term? - AdWords Help They'll look up your account and either fix it or tell you what to do.

Hi Jesse,

We had to do this for an account here in Rochester, NY. The process was actually very easy for Ford. The whitelist is managed by TeamDetroit.com which is actually an agency contracted by Ford. You just need to contact them with your adwords account ID xxx-xxx-xxxx - Please keep in mind they are not accepting MCC id's (management accounts). You have to submit a normal adwords account that is for the specific dealership and I believe they must carry New Ford's. Used car dealers are out of luck here. There are two contacts that we used when we did this process, [email protected] and [email protected]. Both were very helpful and the process was extremely fast for us, 2-3 days for approval. They do send in batches and we got in right before that so your results may vary.

If you have any questions let me know.