• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Another Big Change in Google Ranking Algorithm

We just took on a few clients who had been using some companies blogging system that did a lot of that type of content, Craig. I showed them that the content had 6 total page views in the last 6 months, and not a single organic visit. Blogging isn't like the Field of Dreams. Just because you write it doesn't mean anyone will actually come.

I have a presentation next week focusing on that fact. Content without prior research often rots in silence.

We just took on a few clients who had been using some companies blogging system that did a lot of that type of content, Craig. I showed them that the content had 6 total page views in the last 6 months, and not a single organic visit. Blogging isn't like the Field of Dreams. Just because you write it doesn't mean anyone will actually come.

I have a presentation next week focusing on that fact. Content without prior research often rots in silence.

Definitely. The issue with keyword stuffing and location stuffing is that these methods don't work anymore.
That said, up until February it was working for them. They had 100 organic visits a day, but as of last week that number is down to around 15. That's a staggering difference.