• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any companies that Deduplicate CRM Data

This should be pretty straightforward, but will take time:

1. Export customer database to spreadsheet program. Vin support should be able to handle the export for you with the desired criteria included.
2. Identify the customer ID's you want to delete. To do this I would use simple conditional formatting to highlight duplicate values and then decide what retention or deletion criteria works best for your dealership. I believe Vin has a customer lifetime value figure you can export.
3. Send the "delete list" to VinSolutions support and have them remove.

This should be pretty straightforward, but will take time:

1. Export customer database to spreadsheet program. Vin support should be able to handle the export for you with the desired criteria included.
2. Identify the customer ID's you want to delete. To do this I would use simple conditional formatting to highlight duplicate values and then decide what retention or deletion criteria works best for your dealership. I believe Vin has a customer lifetime value figure you can export.
3. Send the "delete list" to VinSolutions support and have them remove.
It's more complicated than this. The data is stored across many tables. The customer list you are referring to is a flattened version of what is derived from around 10 tables.

They were will many unique keys, and the crm is also at the mercy of the dms and their keys. So you have to understand the whole system. Think of all the associated tables also, appointments, ROs, sales, leads etc. You have to handle those as well.

The reason no one does this as a service is it totally sucks, dealership aren't willing to pay what it actually costs to fix it and the definition of clean/done is very blurry.

You also have to establish a foward looking way of preventing duplicates. That means managing people and hiw they use your systems. That's on the dealership to implement and maintain.

Reactions: Ryan Everson