• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any other E-Commerce Directors, Internet Sales Managers, SEO's or Marketing Gurus also using Google

Anyone finding google wave useful? I tried it out with a friend yesterday for a few minutes. So far it just seems like overly complicated chat. Anyone find a good use for it?

Yeah - very useful! Been collaborating on a New Media convention as part of the planning board and troubleshooting things on our new website with Dealer.com's production team. When you first look at it looks like chat on steroids, but when you actually use it all makes sense.

Matt - I can't believe a CTO doesn't recognize what it is???

Yeah - very useful! Been collaborating on a New Media convention as part of the planning board and troubleshooting things on our new website with Dealer.com's production team. When you first look at it looks like chat on steroids, but when you actually use it all makes sense.

Matt - I can't believe a CTO doesn't recognize what it is???

I recognize what it is, I just haven't personally found a use for it yet. Online collaboration isn't something I ever do.

Anyone finding google wave useful? I tried it out with a friend yesterday for a few minutes. So far it just seems like overly complicated chat. Anyone find a good use for it?

Uh, anyone want to clue me in on google wave??? I feel a new "techy shiny" headache coming...just as I learn the ins & outs of one thing...here comes another..lol...
However, as Matt has kindly pointed this out, my next question would be- how does this tie into our industry and what will our industry be using it for other than another chat interface- will it integrate with CRM technology?

how does this tie into our industry and what will our industry be using it for other than another chat interface- will it integrate with CRM technology?

As it currently sits (BETA) it is good for collaboration between a large group of people. It still has a ways to go before we might see some API's built that will tie it in with other things we already use.

If you're working on product development, Beta-testing something for a vendor, or working with other coworkers to plan something, it can be used right now. Beyond that, it will be a little while longer.

Wave has been a nice way to work with others on external & internal projects. Its much easier than other collaborative sites such a Basecamp.

It can be as a benign as a private group chat & easy sharing of rich content, or much more w/engaging elements such as napkin, brainstorming and HTML gadgets.

Seems like its only limited (somewhat) to what you can imagine it doing for your own needs.

Get all the info you need here: The Complete Guide to Google Wave

I'm at [email protected]