• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone know of a way to make an HP printer work as the slave?

Jan 11, 2012
First Name
Toni
I primarily use the printer command line button in the ERA toolbar as I never had a printer here in the parts dept. I was getting tired of walking all the way to central office for everything. I finally got a printer but had no say in what I got. I can print screen and print anywahere else, but the printer command line button doesn't work. It sends it to the queue but never prints. R&R says the drivers installed in ERA are too old for a new HP. Anyone know of a way to get an older driver, or have any of you run into this problem. If I complain, either I'll get nowhere or I'll lose the printer and won't be able to print anything back here.

Something doesn't sound right.

I would get a printer that already works the way you want from another station at your dealership. Set it up on yours. If it doesn't work, call Reynolds and be sure to tell them you are using a printer that already works on another station.

After they help you to get it working. Swap the printer you want back in and see if it works.

Good luck.

It works fine if I just switch my default printer to the copier in the office. And it worked on my old Brother all-in-one I had a while back. The guy at R&R made it sound like the problem was that it was an HP, which wouldn't surprise me. Don't know how to use old drivers or some kind of workaround.

did anyone help u? I had the same problem, and the main issue was in my 7-old printer. My friend suggested me to buy a new one. Thanks to him I found this website https://www.mrdepot.ca where are offered office supplies like quality printers and cartridges. I was shocked by how many models and brands they have on their site. I just ordered one and received it with free delivery! I’m sure that they are a great company to deal with! Just try to check out this site, maybe u’ll find smth interesting for u!

Last edited: