• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone use Facebook ads and have had success?

One of our clients had a 6,000% increase in website traffic after starting with the DA social product ONLY. Now, they definitely needed some fresh content and a new strategy, and those results can't be promised to each of our clients, but it shows that our strategies DO work!

Whether you're using lists to retarget hot leads, running a conquest campaign, or working on your overall branding, FB advertising is worth your dollar.

And the congregation said, "Amen!"

One of our clients had a 6,000% increase in website traffic after starting with the DA social product ONLY. Now, they definitely needed some fresh content and a new strategy, and those results can't be promised to each of our clients, but it shows that our strategies DO work!

6000% increase.
I'll bite.

Let's say they had 300 visits a month (10 people a day), because their website was a dumpster fire that screamed "don't come here!".
To get a 6000% increase, they would have to go from 300 visitors to 18,300 visitors.

If they're going from 300 to 18,300 it is not because of Facebook/social.
It's because something was wrong before (ie: bad reporting data) OR because it's a brand new site that had no traffic and you funnelled the first traffic to them.

Would love to see the before/after visitor counts that make up the 6000%

Whether you're using lists to retarget hot leads, running a conquest campaign, or working on your overall branding, FB advertising is worth your dollar.
Seems like you guys work for the same company, that's not going to get by us. I know JD Rucker pretty well and great company, but huh...?

6000% increase.
I'll bite.

Let's say they had 300 visits a month (10 people a day), because their website was a dumpster fire that screamed "don't come here!".
To get a 6000% increase, they would have to go from 300 visitors to 18,300 visitors.

It's because something was wrong before (ie: bad reporting data) OR because it's a brand new site that had no traffic and you funnelled the first traffic to them.

Exactly, something does not compute.

6000% increase.
I'll bite.

craigh, I thought you'd never ask!

Let me clarify that this is a 6,000% increase in traffic from FB social efforts. Was going to edit my reply but you beat me to it :) Still, very noteworthy.

This is obviously a very small starting point and shows that they needed to change up their social approach, but these are the stats that were sent to my contact from DealerFire, which she then forwarded on to me.

Stats.jpg

Reactions: Christine Plunkett

Besides the blatant self promotion, here's my quick thoughts...

Anytime an agency makes a claim based solely on website traffic I instantly become skeptical. How engaged was this traffic? What was the cost per visitor? Could I have spent slightly more per visitor and came out ahead with higher quality traffic?

This dealership must have either a) really sucked beforehand to experience a 6,000% increase or b) you sent a ton of cheap irrelevant traffic

I love that you guys are here on DealerRefresh because I do respect Jeff Glackin and the rest of the team at Dealer Authority but I would recommend making a meaningful contribution by showing instead of selling next time. Demonstrate strategies that you've had success with and I can guarantee that you'll get many more business prospects that way.

Reactions: Dane Saville

Let me clarify that this is a 6,000% increase in traffic from FB social efforts. Was going to edit my reply but you beat me to it :) Still, very noteworthy.

This is obviously a very small starting point and shows that they needed to change up their social approach, but these are the stats that were sent to my contact from DealerFire, which she then forwarded on to me.
And how many of those increased sessions lead to a sale? Did it sell cars? Your views and impressions are only as good as they convert for you, which is why you need a sales attribution tool.

Cost Per Lead (CPL) or Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) / goals is an an important metric (can be calculated via Web Traffic Attribution), but a lot of dealers are more interested in Cost Per Sale (can be calculated via Sales Attribution).

Web traffic attribution evaluates the true cost per engagement and cost per lead model (multi-touch) so you no longer need to rely on last-click attribution. Sales attribution holds vendors accountable for their performance by measuring what really matters – what’s driving sales, not just clicks.

Plus, I would bet pretty much everyone on this board realizes that FB advertising is worth it and the reach is good.

Last edited:
lol wut.
So you started linking to their dealer site, which they clearly weren't doing before.
From 4 to 263.

This forum is too intelligent to think that's a value proposition for your product.

If I turn on AdWords for a client that has never used AdWords I don't claim a 10,000% increase in AdWords traffic.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. Your 6,000% website traffic increase statement was a little misleading and made it seem like the entire website saw that large of an increase.

Obviously if someone was not advertising on Facebook beforehand and just now jumped in, they would see an astronomical percentage based increase.

I'm not doing Twitter advertising right now and if I started tomorrow I would see a 15,000% increase but I wouldn't pat myself on the back about it. That's just common sense and has no bearing on whether what I was doing was effective or not.

Seems like you guys work for the same company, that's not going to get by us. I know JD Rucker pretty well and great company, but huh...?

Exactly, something does not compute.

Hey Alexander, I assure you we're not trying to get anything by you. Just trying to share a bit of our experience with facebook ads for car dealers. Emily clarified her comment and we're all in agreement its not a typical or expected result, was just a cool moment when she saw that number on a report. We get super excited about Facebook advertising. We come in peace.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. Your 6,000% website traffic increase statement was a little misleading and made it seem like the entire website saw that large of an increase.

Obviously if someone was not advertising on Facebook beforehand and just now jumped in, they would see an astronomical percentage based increase.

I'm not doing Twitter advertising right now and if I started tomorrow I would see a 15,000% increase but I wouldn't pat myself on the back about it. That's just common sense and has no bearing on whether what I was doing was effective or not.
Precisely, sustainability and the measurement of sales from FB is the key, not what fired off after a dealer started doing it.

Last edited: