• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using iHeart's XVin solution - looking for feedback

I’ll dbl down on Ryan’s request.

Cant you get me #of pics viewed?

How ‘bout engagements stats that help me understand the differences between a one time visitor and a repeat visitor?

light up the UI and Get the data science team together to help see patterns of behavior that precedes another visit, a lead, a sale. Aka #FuckLeadObsession

And let’s take a page from Carvana‘s playbook. The entire experience is built to support phone connection between buyer and seller. Everything maps to this connection. Marketing, merchandising, website experience, advertising.. everything maps to this collaborative retail connection.

Recap from a LotLinx sales rep:
-We are more expensive
-We used to be smoke & mirrors
-We don't drive leads or conversions, so don't look at your Google Analytics data
-Just trust us (even though I admitted that we used to be smoke & mirrors)

@kevinfrye sorry that the thread went a little off-topic! But I believe xVin is a new offering of iHeartRadio's, as they don't even have any marketing material on their website promoting it. So we'd have to wait to hear feedback from the guinea pigs who sign up first.

Reactions: Rick Buffkin
I would lose my mind on LotLinx calls asking where the proof was that their campaigns performed when they aren't in the CRM, and GA data looks horrendous. It was always, 'trust us' and 'well we added the car to the campaign and x days later it sold'...just incredibly frustrating experiences with them. I also never saw any of their ads in the wild, which while I was not in market I get, still just seemed wild to never happen across them once.

@kevinfrye , there is a lot of inaccurate information here. xVIN isn't a retargeting solution. As you know, no one is going to let us pixel their site like that. And, it's not a run-of -the-mill campaign using auto intender buckets like you would use in a Google or Facebook Ads campaign. We are also a long way past the guinea pig phase, with hundreds of dealers across the country using it. I would be happy to set up a quick Teams call with you or anyone from the Dealer Refresh community to walk you through it and answer any questions. My number is 305-321-5665, email: [email protected]. Reach out any time.

Recap from a LotLinx sales rep:
-We are more expensive
-We used to be smoke & mirrors
-We don't drive leads or conversions, so don't look at your Google Analytics data
-Just trust us (even though I admitted that we used to be smoke & mirrors)

@kevinfrye sorry that the thread went a little off-topic! But I believe xVin is a new offering of iHeartRadio's, as they don't even have any marketing material on their website promoting it. So we'd have to wait to hear feedback from the guinea pigs who sign up

At the end of the day, everyone has to make their own decision clearly. LotLinx has developed superior technology in the last five years. Smoke and mirrors clearly was not the right choice of words. Are they more expensive? It depends on how you are evaluating cost, but at the end of the day, when you move vehicles off your lot, the cost is minimal. LotLinx is not for everyone, but I do know many dealers are having a lot of success using it.

@kevinfrye , there is a lot of inaccurate information here. xVIN isn't a retargeting solution.
Yeah, your competitor, LotLinx, hopped in and hijacked the thread a little. Just referencing earlier posts I made, we're on the same page, definitely not retargeting:
It's not retargeting in the traditional sense - AutoTrader is certainly not letting xVin place a retargeting pixel on their website.

And, it's not a run-of -the-mill campaign using auto intender buckets like you would use in a Google or Facebook Ads campaign.
It sounds like this may be how the targeting works?
I'm guessing they are ... grabbing device id's from other ad exchanges that exist on Autotrader.com

We are also a long way past the guinea pig phase, with hundreds of dealers across the country using it.
Let's get some info about it and client testimonials up on your website, then! :)
I believe xVin is a new offering of iHeartRadio's, as they don't even have any marketing material on their website promoting it.

Yeah, your competitor, LotLinx, hopped in and hijacked the thread a little. Just referencing earlier posts I made, we're on the same page, definitely not retargeting:

It sounds like this may be how the targeting works?

Let's get some info about it and client testimonials up on your website, then! :)
Hey guys, I clearly didn't mean to hijack the thread and for that I apologize. I am extremely passionate about my product. I never intended to relay any miss information. Xvin definitely has a place in the marketplace and at the end of the day it's about what a dealer feels comfortable using. Do I think my product has its advantages. Absolutely and we have many dealers you feel the same. I appreciate reading everybody's comments.

Reactions: flosho