• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using Wordpress to post vehicle inventory?

GREAT Job Chris! I rarely, if ever give out compliments on here, but love your work! I'm in the process of switching over to DealerTrend as well, just trying to wrap up this PSD design for the inventory pages. We're getting there but I'm still about 2 weeks off from wrapping it up; have been tweaking it around for the past year... (I don't code myself, just design so trying to get it right the first time around). Anyways, nice job I love your creativity here!

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. One thing, it's Chad, not Chris :D.

You'll love the team at DealerTrend, they're top notch when providing support and helping you achieve what you want. You you need any advice or help, just let me know and I'll offer what support I can along the way.

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong on this on. You can buy an inventory plug-in from DealerTrend, which is essentially a plug-and-play solution needing very little work out of the box. They offer 4 standard inventory themes with the plug-in and best part is its extremely easy plug-in to customize the inventory theme and VLP and VDP layouts. Just need to know a little php, html, and css.

We have 100% control over look and feel. With our customized theme we have an inventory system that is unique to us and not 1000s of other dealerships.

New Ford For Sale in Lincoln, Grand Island, St Joseph | Anderson Auto Group

Chris,

My comment was meant for the 99% of users at the dealers that don't (and I quote):

Just need to know a little php, html, and css.

That 99% also don't have your tittle (and I quote again):

Chad Sabatka
Web Developer
Anderson Auto Group

We work with over 1,000 dealers in many different areas and web developer, a little knowledge of PHP, etc are not common. Dealers are, usually, really good at buying cars and putting deals together (that's what makes the money).

Reactions: 1 person
My comment was directed at this:

you can't just buy a plug and play inventory solution with integrated feeds and fields.

DealerTrend is exactly that - a plug and play solution for WordPress. Full integrated feeds from management systems. All you simply upload plug-in, enter in your unique dealer code and after feed setup on DealerTrend's end your inventory system is up and running. Basic PnP DealerTrend site theme and inventory theme: Used cars for sale Reno | Used Trucks, SUVs and Vans

WPDLR is also a plug and play solution. Example PnP WPDLR site and inventory system: Inventory Used | North Plainfield NJ 07060 | VIP Honda

Both systems do offer feed integrations and easy setup. Minimal WordPress knowledge is needed for both and offer full site themes and full inventory designs. With advanced knowledge both can customized to a uniquely designed VLP and VDP.