• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone Want To Secret Shop Us?

The site is ~2 months old. We're killing the Buick & GMC searches for our area, but not used cars. Most of our backlinks reference Buick or GMC so I've contemplated doing some guest blogging in order to get some custom anchor text links pointing to our used car page. I also think there may be some improvements to be made in terms of site architecture and internal link structure, but I haven't quite figured out what they are yet.

Kyle,

re: Suss Buick GMC Dealer | Denver GMC & Denver Buick Any update on your SERPs? It hasn't moved on my end yet.

Thoughts?

Kyle,

re: Suss Buick GMC Dealer | Denver GMC & Denver Buick Any update on your SERPs? It hasn't moved on my end yet.

Thoughts?

Hey Joe. Our used car rankings have gotten better over the past few months. I've received a fair amount of direct match anchor text links from industry sites but they were only helpful up to a point. As much as we keep hearing that Google is trying to weed out the direct match links, they are still effective in small niches like ours. I imagine this will die down a bit as time goes on, but for now, they still work.

Right now I'm working on our longtail rankings with some URL restructuring. Similar to your site, our vehicle search pages are generated through a search page with a long list of query string parameters at the end. We're going to be setting up dedicated permalinks & a hierarchical taxonomy that we hope to use to increase our # of indexed pages as well as our presence for very specific vehicle queries.

How much flexibility do you have on your site, Joe?