• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone Want To Secret Shop Us?

Thanks! Website was a long time in the making. Completely custom, no vendors, Wordpress, full control over source code, etc. Quite the headache of a project, but a good start to a site that we can turn into something great :)

Yoast's SEO tools. Quite nice. You've found a WP guru. Layout is nicely done too.

How old is the site? Must be just launched. You're not on page one yet: used cars in denver co - Google Search

Panda 2.5 just launched yesterday. SERPs here are very different.

How old is the site? Must be just launched. You're not on page one yet: used cars in denver co - Google Search

The site is ~2 months old. We're killing the Buick & GMC searches for our area, but not used cars. Most of our backlinks reference Buick or GMC so I've contemplated doing some guest blogging in order to get some custom anchor text links pointing to our used car page. I also think there may be some improvements to be made in terms of site architecture and internal link structure, but I haven't quite figured out what they are yet.

Reactions: 1 person
sweece, Panda 2.5 is rolling out as we speak. I am seeing cargurus.com back from the dead. I'm alive and well. One of my affiliate sites when from 5,000 visitors per day to 500 overnight.

Take a good look around, things have changed. Youtube Video looks strong too.

HTH

Sorry for the delay. Joe Webb and I share an employee who I use to do some of my mystery shops and she's been swamped lately. Here is her review: Mystery Shop

I see a major issue with your entry form, there is no place for a customer to enter a phone number. How many easy opportunities have you missed out on because there was no suggestion to enter a phone number? Ask and you shall receive! The million dollar question, why did it take over a day to reply to this lead?

Lot's of room for improvement in your processes. Joe Webb can help you with Internet Process and I can help you with Phone Process.

Nothing like seeing where processes are breaking down. Or not happening as all. :(

I've been using PhoneNinjas mystery shopping for a while now. We compare all the dealers in reports at the end of the month. It's really helping my dealers improve their process and it's a great tool for my position (makes it easier to get buy-in from upper management with changing the process that I have suggested but was maybe too "out of the box" for them iniatially).

Good stuff Jerry.

Way to throw yourself out there Kyle.

Awesome website.
IMO you need to change review your disclosure. You’re sending mixed signals.
No Dealer Handling Fees
Some Denver Buick dealers charge anywhere up to $500 for “dealer handling.†We don’t know exactly what that means, but we sure don’t do that here.
You’re playing the “down to earth†honest dealer. The "we care about Joe the Plummer dealer". Awesome, I can buy into that.
However, you follow that up with a disclaimer that looks like it was written by American Airlines:
Price Disclosure
Prices do not include additional fees and costs of closing, including government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer documentation fees, any emissions testing fees or other fees. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice.
You’re targeting the cost conscious and hidden charge savvy consumer with your “no dealer handlingâ€. That same consumer, who understands that value of “no handling feeâ€, would obviously read a disclaimer. I think you would lose some of the credibility that was gained with the no handling fee.

In my opinion, you’re sending mixed signals to your target audience at the same time losing gross by not having a handling fee on the customers who could care less about your disclaimer or don’t know any better. I would either change your disclaimer or add a handling fee.

Sorry to nit-pick, but this raised redflags when I put on my shopper hat.

Reactions: 1 person
However, you follow that up with a disclaimer that looks like it was written by American Airlines:

You’re targeting the cost conscious and hidden charge savvy consumer with your “no dealer handling”. That same consumer, who understands that value of “no handling fee”, would obviously read a disclaimer. I think you would lose some of the credibility that was gained with the no handling fee.

In my opinion, you’re sending mixed signals to your target audience at the same time losing gross by not having a handling fee on the customers who could care less about your disclaimer or don’t know any better. I would either change your disclaimer or add a handling fee.

Haha good catch. Honestly, that pricing disclaimer was just a last minute copy & paste from our Cobalt site to cover our butts. I'll definitely change the wording around because the whole "no dealer handling" thing is part of our value proposition. Thanks for the heads up.

Jerry,

Thanks for doing the secret shop. I think I expected an outcome similar to what you experienced, but it's nice to have an outside source to confirm my opinions. I'm the "dealer's son" so sometimes it's difficult for me to get the buy-in from various members of the team.

That being said, obviously we have lots of room for improvement. I hear the Internet guys here talk about how we aren't getting quality leads, but I think we are missing quite a few opportunities. Let's follow up via phone regarding next steps.

I see a major issue with your entry form, there is no place for a customer to enter a phone number. How many easy opportunities have you missed out on because there was no suggestion to enter a phone number?

You actually didn't fill out the normal contact form. The form you filled out is part of our chat system but since nobody was signed in at the time, you got the form. Our vehicle inquiry form has a phone number field. Regardless, maybe that's a sign that we need to make it more obvious how to inquire about a vehicle. Honestly though, I'm feel ok with having a way for people to contact us without leaving their phone number. I know there's plenty of individuals that would prefer to hide behind the curtain for a while during their research process and I'd like them to still be able to reach out somehow.

Haha good catch. Honestly, that pricing disclaimer was just a last minute copy & paste from our Cobalt site to cover our butts. I'll definitely change the wording around because the whole "no dealer handling" thing is part of our value proposition. Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome. I suspected that it was simply an overlooked detail; which lead me to believe that you would be receptive to input. Good man, keep it up.