• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Apple applications you're using

What do you think about using the iPad3 to take all the pictures of vehicles with it's new camera? When we book out the cars, check off packages and equipment, and create comments, we are going to be doing that on an iPad. We could easily take the pictures too for each vehicle at the same time, but do you think the pictures would be quality enough?

Hopefully this thread doesn't get derailed speaking about iPad capabilities, but I'll make a quick 3 points about equipment for vehicle photos:

1. Consider battery life
2. Consider size because things easily break on pavement
3. Consider expense because things easily break on pavement....and consider the wifi coverage

Hopefully this thread doesn't get derailed speaking about iPad capabilities, but I'll make a quick 3 points about equipment for vehicle photos:

1. Consider battery life
2. Consider size because things easily break on pavement
3. Consider expense because things easily break on pavement....and consider the wifi coverage
Haha I didn't want it to get off topic about iPads. Thanks for the help, those are all solid points.
On another note, what is your favorite way to manage tasks/ to do's on a mac?? Preferably, something that would sync across devices.

oh... for Password Manager I use LastPass.
Pulsar for my streaming XM/Sirius fix.

Been mac since OS9.

off topic:
The best camera for a dealership taking photos is one that has a pop up/swivel screen.
Reasoning?
The best framed shots are taken kinda low as you go around the vehicle. Having a swivel LCD will save your knees and allow you to hold the camera low to frame the shot (as you walk around the vehicle) without bending over to get a bunch of pics. Also, your photo guy will be whipping through a vehicles pretty fast to reach that magic 40 pics.

something like this:
080211sony_nex_c3_swivel_lcd.jpg

On another note, what is your favorite way to manage tasks/ to do's on a mac?? Preferably, something that would sync across devices.

I've been toying with a few different applications, but I keep going back to Things. It isn't syncing over the air yet, but the ease of use makes it for me.

things_screenshot.png

I am looking forward to Reminders (came out in iOS5) working across all devices with Mountain Lion. I'm thinking this could potentially move me away from Things.....we'll see. Check out Reminders. I'm liking the new iMessages on my computer (replaces iChat) for IMing people on their iPhones. Hoping Reminders has similar cross platform benefits.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been toying with a few different applications, but I keep going back to Things. It isn't syncing over the air yet, but the ease of use makes it for me.

things_screenshot.png

I am looking forward to Reminders (came out in iOS5) working across all devices with Mountain Lion. I'm thinking this could potentially move me away from Things.....we'll see. Check out Reminders. I'm liking the new iMessages on my computer (replaces iChat) for IMing people on their iPhones. Hoping Reminders has similar cross platform benefits.

I'm really waiting on something that will work across devices and hope Things will eventually do that. The bad thing is that you have to pay a premium for all the different devices: $10/iphone + $20/ipad + $50/mac

Reminders is pretty cool, but it pings the GPS so much that it kills the battery on my iPhone.

I've re-discovered Sparrow email client for Mac and iPhone. Great (and better) alternative to Mail Mail. I'd recommend giving it a shot.

I'm also back on the Chrome browser wagon. I've read a few articles that Google is working on a Chrome browser for iPhone.

I'm still looking for a light image program / photo editor for my Mac. Something that would be comparable to the older versions of Fireworks. Suggestions?

I've re-discovered Sparrow email client for Mac and iPhone. Great (and better) alternative to Mail Mail. I'd recommend giving it a shot.

I'm also back on the Chrome browser wagon. I've read a few articles that Google is working on a Chrome browser for iPhone.

I'm still looking for a light image program / photo editor for my Mac. Something that would be comparable to the older versions of Fireworks. Suggestions?
I use Sparrow mail as well and I love it. Way better than Apple's Mail or Outlook. The only think it is really missing are Rules.

If you like Chrome (like I do) check out the "Google Search" app on the iPhone (and iPad). They just updated it to a new 2.0 release. Super fast and great UI! I am thinking this might be the building blocks of what Google Chrome for iOS is going to be.

Concerning the light image app - Have you tried Pixelmator at all? It's a great light weight Mac app that I use often. It is still hard to get away from Photoshop though. The new CS6 updates are pretty incredible and they really have worked on the speed of the apps as well.

Jeff, have you tried Pixelmator? IIRC, Fireworks was strong with vector tools and export options. Pixelmator now has each of these but not necessarily to the same degree. Still worth a look if you haven't checked it out. GIMP is another option but I can't get past the UI myself.

I'm really waiting on something that will work across devices and hope Things will eventually do that. The bad thing is that you have to pay a premium for all the different devices: $10/iphone + $20/ipad + $50/mac

Reminders is pretty cool, but it pings the GPS so much that it kills the battery on my iPhone.

I have completely converted to Things Beta. It is getting the job done for multi-device syncing :thumbup:

I use Sparrow mail as well and I love it. Way better than Apple's Mail or Outlook. The only think it is really missing are Rules.

Concerning the light image app - Have you tried Pixelmator at all? It's a great light weight Mac app that I use often. It is still hard to get away from Photoshop though. The new CS6 updates are pretty incredible and they really have worked on the speed of the apps as well.

How is Sparrow when using multiple Exchange accounts? Chrome is definitely my default browser now. The plugins are phenomenal. FireFox has become a drag to use. I try not to touch it unless I'm needing to test something.

Jeff - Pixelmator is fantastic, but check out Adobe's new Creative Cloud: https://creative.adobe.com/plans