Are Amazon's Rivian EV delivery vehicles being stored offsite?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I have now heard from two sources (a podcast and a service center that services a local Amazon warehouse's ICE fleet) the EV delivery vehicles are being stored away from the Amazon warehouses due to some fire issues. The podcast specifically called out that these were Rivian vehicles combusting.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Not Delivered: Your Amazon.com order #2379515

Hi Alex,

Your package of fine artisan varnish, woodworking saw blades and 24 pack of Old Spice Men's Body Wash Timber with Sandalwood is not on the way. Unfortunately it was incinerated in a blaze of white hot fire due to our decision to park 200 highly flammable batteries in the same facility that has metric shit ton of cardboard boxes. Whoopies :(

Here is a $74.32 credit to purchase new items. Please note our shipping times are delayed due to the complete loss of the Vermont warehouse.

Happy new year!

I have now heard from two sources (a podcast and a service center that services a local Amazon warehouse's ICE fleet) the EV delivery vehicles are being stored away from the Amazon warehouses due to some fire issues. The podcast specifically called out that these were Rivian vehicles combusting.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?
Thank you for sharing this information. I haven't heard about EV delivery vehicles, particularly Rivian, having fire issues or being stored away from Amazon warehouses. If you have any specific sources, I'd appreciate it. Safety is a top priority, and accurate information is crucial. Thanks again