ActivEngage Are you already using AI for your dealership?

EfrainAE

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2023
Awards
First Name
Efrain
Hi dealership friends,

as we all know, AI tech (artificial intelligence) has been the latest craze that everyone's been talking about. Internally we've been discussing AI for years and we feel that the technology is a great middleman to help out our live chat agents get relevant information quicker in front of customers. However, with the rise of ChatGPT and competitors, we're seeing many companies out there are trying to get AI chat in front of customers as the first impression.

This feels like a missed opportunity in our eyes to build trust, but maybe some of our dealer friends disagree with us on here. We're very curious...

What's been your experience with using artificial intelligence for your business? Are you using AI at all? Let me hear about it!

I have seen it work effectively for handling the more monotonous and beginning conversations. Unless some sort of government regulation comes around, AI will increase in effectiveness. So many companies are poised to launch it, and things like ChatGPT get easier to integrate with.

Obviously, a good center of humans who can offload monotonous and beginning conversations will be superior to AI. It will probably just be a battle of costs for dealers to choose between the two.

In our Ntelegence platform, we have an integration to submit call transcriptions to AI and then ask questions about what transpired on the call. We're able to extract sentiment, email addresses, year, make, model, whether an appointment was made, caller's actual name (which are frequently NOT the what the caller ID shows), and a lot more.

At Dealer Specialties we are now using AI to build vehicle descriptions for web syndication. It is a huge improvement over the Mad Libs solutions of the past and allows for more unique content per vehicle. While not as sophisticated as a chat bot, I think this simple use case frees up time while getting higher quality unique results.

The idea of using a super smart AI chat bots makes me wonder about the balance of building relationships with customers vs time investment. If we agree that a local dealership's primary uniqueness is the ability to connect with people that live around the store and bring a personal touch to a complicated purchase...does outsourcing that to a computer undermine your primary differentiator? Maybe discussing the handoff point is more interesting? how does AI help with nurturing a lead to the point of handoff to a real person?

Hi dealership friends,

as we all know, AI tech (artificial intelligence) has been the latest craze that everyone's been talking about. Internally we've been discussing AI for years and we feel that the technology is a great middleman to help out our live chat agents get relevant information quicker in front of customers. However, with the rise of ChatGPT and competitors, we're seeing many companies out there are trying to get AI chat in front of customers as the first impression.

This feels like a missed opportunity in our eyes to build trust, but maybe some of our dealer friends disagree with us on here. We're very curious...

What's been your experience with using artificial intelligence for your business? Are you using AI at all? Let me hear about it!
Hello Michaelsos! I have been using the AI, I may say that it's a great tool to use, especially for those who are short of words on how to answer a customer, the good thing about AI is that you can tailor it to your company vocabulary on how you usually answer back like questions you usually ask your customers, I wouldn't take it as a definite answer to give your clients cause sometimes the AI those have some answer out of place. But then again I would say that the AI would never really replace that human touch (communication) that our clients need to hear to get a deal done!

Now that Meta has open sourced their LLaMa product it will be substantially easier for automotive vendors (or any company) to develop a whole bunch of tools for all of us to drool over at trade shows. My question is: How many of you are already aware of interesting projects that will be ready for dealer integration in the near term? The time frame for A.I. powered BDC has got to be pretty short at this point, right?

I agree that ChatGPT, in its current state, still needs to be narrower for car dealerships due to the factors you highlighted: complexity, emotion, and change challenges. However, proprietary language models on open-source LLM stacks can overcome these challenges by being tailored to retail interactions, providing accurate and personalized information, building trust, and handling complex inquiries. For example, models can be trained on car specs, pricing, and reviews to answer questions accurately and identify emotional cues. We're currently working on models to optimize spend. LLMs have no bias (to an extent) and can be tuned to value outcomes over results.

ChatGPT (AIPRM) are decent for crafting (the beginning workings) of vehicle descriptions, new webpage content, and even replies to customer reviews. When it comes to the "A.I." (acronym used loosely) by the providers claiming to communicate with prospects, they're simply not fully-realized. As @Alex Snyder said, it may be good for opening up a conversation, but most fail when it comes to continuing a conversation down to true advocacy answers.

"The time frame for A.I. powered BDC has got to be pretty short at this point, right?"

@Matt McCormick

Yes, that timeframe is right now! SendSmart.Ai provides an AI BDC platform that serves every major brand and independents nationwide, processing millions of leads.

We've found that AI can dramatically outperform humans in the initial lead engagement for a fraction of the cost. It can do this because it can send a polite personalized SMS, Email, and leave a voicemail with no human action, all within moments of the lead submission. Once a customer responds to the AI we connect them with Salespeople to continue the conversation and close the deal.

There are other companies trying to automate the entire customer conversation, and that's a mistake; once a customer engages, the negotiating has begun, and AI shouldn't be trusted to handle negotiations with customers.

We're obviously not the only ones working on this opportunity, and we believe that companies that use AI to 10X+ the productivity of people will win, and those that aim to completely replace people will lose.