• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Assassin's Creed 2 offline game of the year

ghen

Boss
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason
By far hands down the best story I've played all year. Leaps and bounds above the first game in how it draws you in and makes you want to be that character. The length of the game is perfect and the ending is absolutely fantastic. All in all besides a few gameplay glitches it's a perfect game.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

While I have yet to play Assasin's Creed 2 (it sits unwrapped as I feed my MW2 multiplayer obsession) I have heard, watched, and read many good things about it. As far as offline game of the year, I think Uncharted 2 has that locked up with Batman Arkham Asylum a somewhat close second and my sleeper hit of the year Borderlands with a lonnnng shot to win it.

Well, Spike picked Uncharted 2 last night, glad to see it win. AC2 was picked over Batman AA and Uncharted 2 for best action/adventure...which is surprising that UC2 can win GOTY but lose to AC2 in another category. I played AC2 for a little bit, looks great, but just haven't been able to get into it (I heard the first couple of hours are slow, so maybe I need to give it a little more time.)

I think they were just trying to spread the love around. Batman's studio won best studio so everyone came out a winner. It was weird, but cool.

Definitely have to give AC2 more time to get going. I come from a RPG background, so slow starts are the norm for me.

Woo hoo! My wife let me open a present early! I picked the small thin rectangular present that happened to look like a dvd :D Modern warfare 2 and AC2. I didn't open AC2 because I wasn't sure about it. No online is kind of a bummer for me. I think I might trade it for Uncharted 2 because it has multiplayer. Any suggestions?