• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autobiz Seller Spam Awards (ASS awards): Taking Nominations

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
As usual, something inspires me to do these things. This morning I saw something on Twitter, Driving Sales, in my email inbox and on a few other sites. It got me thinking as to who is the biggest spammer in our industry.

Who is the king of :spam: ? Who deserves mention?

Which company fills up your inbox with junk? Who regurgitates the same message across all the platforms? Who can you just not get away from?

Leave a post with your nominations, then we'll vote to see who deserves the ASS Award the most!

The nominees are (these are representative of submissions from other people - I am not nominating all of these. I'm just the keeper of the list):

Jim Ziegler
anyone emailing from @cactussky.com
Aspen Marketing
ALDNews (AutoLoanDaily.com)
Ralph Paglia
WorldDealer

....waiting for more contributions.

Alex, could you better clarify this for me.

When you say Spammers..are you using this term lightly?

Could this be used to classify industry people and companies/vendors that are maybe not a Spammer by technical terms (i.e. send a lot of emails but do provide opt-out) but would be considered "Spammy" because of their practices..whether this be via email or within different industry forums?

Or maybe it's just other people in the industry that get on your nerves a little so you want to consider it spam?

:fight:

However you wish to define it - I think it all counts the same. If a company/individual is getting on your nerves through any method of advertising, they deserve to be voted on!

Someone who wished to remain anonymous just emailed me to nominate Jim Ziegler.

I'm adding anyone with a @cactussky.com email extension. It seems that is where vendors go who know they're spamming but don't want to hurt their own domain. I should probably look at cactussky.com just to see what it is....

those Rolex watch guys seem to find my inbox some how, not sure if it is spam or they just think that everyone in the car biz wears a rolex and I always enjoy those emails from my friends in Nigeria offering transfers of money because of trust for you friend my......or something like that. Guess it isn't auto related other then the Rolex watches :)

Here is one to add to the list.

I received this email from WorldDealer / [email protected] in my work email. I have NEVER EVER signed up for this "newsletter" but somehow it made its way into my inbox.

I like how "newsletter" is relevant to the message. I guess it's news to them.

drpost_worlddealer_spam.png