1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Automotive Digital Retailing - Who offers a full solution for dealerships?

Discussion in 'Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Social, Marketing' started by Jeff Kershner, May 9, 2016.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. DrewAment

DrewAment
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Drew
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Press1toTalk
    Twitter Handle:
    DrewAment
    Well then, what are we paying the vendors for? And, shouldn't then vendor get the same type of guarantees from their data providers?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. DrewAment

DrewAment
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Drew
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Press1toTalk
    Twitter Handle:
    DrewAment
    Also -- having a hard time justifying the cost and expense.

Venders can say that Dealer X "sold" 15 sales via their program... but X probably would have sold those 15 without their "online website transaction program button widget" installed on their site. And, the dealer has to deal with mistakes in the data displayed to the customer -- which causes a sense of mistrust when the customer completes the transaction (usually in the store).

I am just so sick of everyone saying that the online transaction model is here. Dealers sign up and "buy in" -- but all it amounts to is the same market share sales, with no incremental business added for the expense -- just another additional expense to add to our budget. But i'll be damn, it looks good on the internet ROI report!

4. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    The vendors should, but they don't. The technological world is so stitched together I don't think anyone has outright purity of data anymore…. not in the car biz at least.

I don't disagree with your opinion. But I pick my technology like I pick my women: the one I like best! You ain't gonna fix human psychology Drew.

5. Tarry Shebesta

Tarry Shebesta
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Tarry
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveItNow
    Twitter Handle:
    @truPayments
    Correct Drew. Putting a shopping cart (DR) on your website does not increase sales. Yes, it can make it easier for someone to buy a vehicle from you (most actually make it more confusing and numbers online don't always match the numbers they get after the credit decision comes back), but as Drew states, if I find a car that I want to buy from you, I'm going to buy it regardless of how the current process is. You have the car I want, or need.

Driving additional new sales requires marketing and CTAs that inspire a purchase BEFORE your checkout product becomes a factor.

DR today is putting the shopping cart before the horse.

6. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    :thinker: then why would anyone buy your product?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tarry Shebesta

Tarry Shebesta
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Tarry
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveItNow
    Twitter Handle:
    @truPayments
    Our Shop-by-Payment (SBP) or DR in general?

DR, when done correctly, makes it easy to buy a vehicle the customer wants. It will also drive better CIS scores. Digital Marketing & Merchandising, like SBP, drives people into the DR funnel. Two separate products that work together.

8. NickCybela

NickCybela
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Nick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    FlowFound
    Twitter Handle:
    nickcybela
    It would also be interesting to see regional differences. There's some clear concentrations on Google Trends around digital retailing.

One huge issue is integration to advertising. Without that, it cannot possibly drive additional sales.

This presents another big problem: does the transparency of digital retailing help or hurt the issue of compressing margins?

Skipping the test drive removes a massive emotional connection to that vehicle and dealership. Most customers have questions early and often within the long term and complicated process of choosing their next vehicle. In the US, nearly everyone still finds the test drive incredibly valuable in making that final decision.

But... there is also huge customer interest around buying a car online. Regardless of how we feel, customers are curious enough to be searching.

digitalretailing-stats.PNG