• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A Kappler

Full Sticker
Feb 1, 2017
Awards
First Name
Andy
I recently increased our AutomotiveMastermind account for a more robust view of our existing customers. We have been using a “watered down” version for our OEM private incentive initiative which we’ve been having mediocre success with. Can anyone share with me some successful strategies pushing their sales team to actually work out of it and make the calls to their (ours) existing customers?

No matter how fancy AM gets, it still requires cold calling customers. This is because it delivers a static experience where the customer cannot interact with an offer... much. When Mastermind came to market, after Auto Alert, they were the better solution because the technology had improved. It was better with the data. That was over a decade ago.

Technology has improved even further. We now have cloud-based scaling at low costs, texting, and all sorts of automations.

The newer equity mining platforms can effectively target your customers, automate all the messaging to the consumers - including by text message, mine the service drive seemlessly, present dynamic experiences where the customer can interact with EVERY car you can sell them, provide engagement incites back to your team for a warmer follow-up, aaaaand doesn't cost an arm and leg because it isn't based on an expensive mail-first platform with an even more expensive trainer who has to reteach your team every quarter (they used to do that monthly).

What I'm saying is, take a look around. Your team may appreciate something newer.