• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Avalanche of Lender-Specific "Digital Retailing" Website Buttons Coming in 2022?

Gack. I thought it was purely a Scotia Bank idea here in canada. Guess not.
Worst direction ever. Roadster and Moto are bad enough. Want a disjointed mess that is. Two version of your inventory sprinkled on the same site. Click and land on a 'shop' subdomain and be stranded to go back to the original main site. Same cars displayed twice. Terrible SEO with them. I could go on and on. We are building our own to remove them from our sites unless mandated by OEM.

Decent example in canada is birchwood I'd say (colour scheme reminds me of a bathroom, but a decent direction):

Get the pricing/rebates and final price etc. Not sure the world wants to 'pay' online overall but perhaps leave a deposit on a real hot item.

Reactions: craigh
Thanks for sharing Todd, couldn't agree more, I got away from third-party websites due to issues with onsite SEO and built an in-house solution, it's not perfect but the simplicity with the lack of having 10 CTA's has improved our conversion rate and results organically and through Google My Business have been worth it.

The Birchwood site is quite interesting, ideally, I'd love to get away from a third-party solution for this "Digital Retailing" trend and would love to see what you came up with when/if it's done.

We have the Dealertrack Digital Retailing solution currently and have considered switching to Moto but am curious on your feedback if you're using it? I agree I absolutely HATE the fact that everything is on a subdomain, it just doesn't make sense from a user experience or SEO perspective. I've seen some sights integrate Roadster with an OffCanvas menu which is what I've done with our Dealertrack solution but again you're relying on their API/Site and at times we notice a slow connection which likely leads to loss.