• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Average Lead Cost Charge for BDC Companies

Matteon

Full Sticker
Dec 10, 2022
Awards
First Name
Matteo
Hi everyone,

I’m curious about the average lead cost charge for BDC (Business Development Center) companies. As a used car dealership, we're already outsourcing our lead management and would like to get a better understanding of what the market rates are.

Currently, we are using one that costs us $11 per lead(10-day follow-up, text from CRM. Virtual phone assistance if we don't pick up after a few rings. Minute rate different $2.50/minute). What are you paying per lead? Are there any particular companies you'd recommend (or suggest avoiding) based on your experience?

Appreciate any insights or advice you can share!

Thanks in advance!

Plugging @Alex Snyder's company FRIKINtech so he doesn't have to look like a salesman. BDCiQ | Virtual Call Center for Car Dealers | FRIKINtech

Who do you use now? That pricing seems relatively high based on what I have heard from other dealers.

Thanks @AlexCaradonna! And :rofl: for not making me a salesman.

We have worked with and vetted a number of call centers for dealers. A few of us, at FRIKINtech, have also been involved with creating them or helping to build software these companies utilize as their own "CRM" system. Volie is that product by the way.

I've spent the most time with BetterCarPeople, Strolid, AllCall, and XDC. AllCall is based in Kentucky and can bring a Southern voice that is right at home with Southern stores, and they will work directly with your CRM. We have worked with them for years. XDC is another we do a lot with. They came out of eLead and do far more than just call center work. Both are good groups! We resell both their products based on what the dealership needs. I'd be more than happy to make sure you get a good look at what can be offered.

BetterCarPeople has been in an acquisition frenzy. The man in charge is a strong businessman who has consolidated a number of call centers. I can't speak to the quality of their products these days.

Strolid seems to be chugging along. They had a decent marketing presence when Shaun Raines was working with them. From what I recall, they were more focused on sales leads, so my usage would have been limited with them.

As for money and what's right...

My post talks about the personalities of a call center instead of the results. When it comes to a call center, you're working with people and I think it is best to vet the people first. It isn't a technology solution where you can bring a check list to a cattle call of vendors. You need to like these people to get results because you have to work together.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Your cost of $11 per lead seems to be within the market range for BDC services. Common lead costs fall between $9 and $13, so you're right around the average.

Remember that not all BDCs are created equal. Compare features like service offered (appointment setting, lead nurturing etc.), communication methods (text, call etc.) and importantly, the quality of leads they generate.

FRIKINtech is what I would recommend in the end

We use Frikintech, so I would like your opinion. What rates did you get from other dealers?

Thanks for speaking up @Matteon

I reached out to @CassieCrampton for a little more clarity, as I obviously did not know your DealerRefresh username was who you are offline. Thank you for being such a great client! We are all here to help.

I believe you have a conversation going with my team already. I'll be keeping an eye on things for you.