• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Awards are here!

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I'm excited to see this new system blossom. So many of you have put a lot of time into DealerRefresh, and you should be recognized for it!

In the navigation above, you can see a new item called "Awards" and what they are rewarded for. As this is brand new and MANY people qualify for a bunch of these, they will take a little while to process. Jeff and I will be watching the progress.

In the meantime, please post your suggestions for new award ideas.

And be sure to click your name at the top >> Account Details:
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 5.38.34 PM.png

Then scroll down to select your current affiliation if it is wrong or you have not received your Award yet.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 5.39.02 PM.png

Last edited:
This is GREAT, but...

There are some obvious omissions to the award categories. May I suggest the following:

The Jorts Award​
- This award is for posts and opinions that are fashionable if not all that well thought out.​
The Moon Award​
- This award is in honor of David Moon. It is awarded to members that make an outsized impact on the community in a miniscule amount of time.​
The "Gone Fishing" Award​
- This award, in honor of @ddavis, can only be given to those that retire from the business.​
The Purple Tie Award​
- This award... wait... what was @jquinn's deal with purple ties? Fun forum search by the way. There are 3 pages of roasting to review. I went back to 2012 and couldn't find the origin.​
The Headliner Award​
- I just spent a few minutes with the search tool. Man, there are some incredibly creative and funny folks in this community. Some of the headlines were great! I'd advocate for an award that recognized our community comedians.​
Last Thought: I'd like to place a wager on the awardees of the Poo Award and the lone awardee of the Lemon Award. I'm pretty confident that I can guess why those awards made the list.

Love it Ryan! So far, all these awards are automatically generated from forum stats. Once the process has gone through ~10,000 members’ posts, we will begin implementing the manual awards.

We’d like to recognize all the people who have been on a RefreshFriday show too.

You better believe @john.quinn is going to get something special :lol: