• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Heather O

Green Pea
Jun 15, 2023
Awards
First Name
Heather
I have a very unique set up for the BDC. Our BDC consists of literally just me. We are a small stand alone Lincoln store.

I currently get 0 fresh leads. I am not allowed to reach out until the sales person has dropped the ball within a day or two and it's not an actively working deal.

For month to date sales, we are showing 25. Of those 25, 6 of the sold units came from my work.

Since it has such a unique set up, I am not sure what the closing ratio for my department should actually be. I was hoping that I could get some insight so that I know if I am on the right track or not.

I don't know that anyone can answer that. Leads are hottest the moment they arrive and get colder the longer they go. You not being able to touch them for a day or two makes your job much harder than it would otherwise be.

The only shot you have at coming anywhere even remotely close to that goal would be allowing you to work the leads from the moment they arrive and then handing them off to the salespeople.

And even then, if you did get to 80%, that would mean that the salespeople are not doing their job at prospecting and instead falling into the baby bird trap where they are waiting for you to spoon-feed them sales.