Better to use "events" to track those actions versus UTM tags. You can create your own custom events using Google Tag Manager. If you have questions about how to do that, I'm happy to help, as I'm sure the rest of the DR community is!
Does anyone have/had a designated Video on their Thank You page?
It may be interesting to include a video that highlights your Why Buy message or a quick introduction of your Sales and Service staff. Have this video hosted ONLY in this page so you could get more accurate play stats.
Tons of things you can do on the "Thank you" page.
- what happens next: three steps (tell them not to apply anywhere else and why)
- redirect to credit application
- sales video to help close the deal and build value in the process
- live chat
- referral link for getting other people to apply (give them money off their car or money on every deal they get from friends)
- link to Facebook page to like and follow
- showing reviews from other people
Or a mix of many of these. Test and track what people do on the "Thank you" page and determine what you care most about at the dealership. You may want to have separate "Thank you" pages for unique form fills or entrances.
Do you even know what's on your "thank you" page? Because all of your leads and buyers do. Learn how to provide more value—and get more in return.
Here are a few ideas that could be good tests:
1. I think the most clear and obvious thing to add is a simple list of expectations..."Here's what is going to happen next...". And then - crazy idea - actually match the experience with established expectations.
2. Adding a video is a great idea.
3. How about testimonials..."Don't take our word for it."
4. Beyond expectations, give the customer a checklist of things to do or to prepare them for YOUR buying experience and help make it more fluid.
5. Show them customer first content like "5 things you can do to increase the value of your trade." establish yourself as a real consultant from the beginning.
6. Also consider multiple versions of thank you pages based on the source - New Cars, Used Cars, Trucks...etc. A personalized experience will always be better.
7. Showing pictures of real people is always good. It helps to humanize the process.