• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best Inventory Video Vendor Poll?

We recently built a video tagging tool to allow our dealers to do walk arounds on new cars and be able to tag them t the inventory.

In this case:

Magic Nissan - Nissan Dealer - Everett - New Used Car Washington

(click on the video/movie icon on the lower right corner of the photo) the dealer did this walk around and tag it to 2014 Nissan Versas (2013 will not have this particular video).

I think they used a pro to edit the video but many dealers do great walk around videos themselves with great quality.

What was missing was an easy way to add them to the proper inventory's VDP so we invested some time doing that.

I really don't like the UI with that many tabs. Not only do they lose the "folder tab" look, but it's just too many buttons.
I would stick with one row of video links at most - even then, I'd be surprised what the view counts are like.

If you are doing tracking, be sure to report back how many of those get watched.

I'm working on feeding the video name so instead of video 6, video 7, etc it will say what the video is about. I think that will make the IU more useful.

It definitely could, but those would also be longer names.
I would change the CSS just so it doesn't look like "tabs" that were misplaced, but makes them look more like... toggles?

Technical: There's a patch that can fix this.

Here are some great videos that don't get much play ... Mercedes-Benz Rocklin - YouTube

Great for SEO. Google 2013 mercedes c class roseville ca

HI Jay, yes, we are using Unity. I've been disappointed lately that a lot of our inventory has been missing video, or its running stock images when we clearly have live pictures. I've also been frustrated with the very low number of views on the You Tube channel which is making me really question how effective our videos are in search.

Update!

Unity has been awesome! Our CCC guru Seth has been working with Phil Sura and his team to do some cool things with our video's and hopefully get our views and conversions rocking. I want to thank Phil, Steve and Tricia at Unity, and Nicole and Kate at DealerOn for helping us.

We will be sure to update the thread to how this turns out.

I would still like to hear from some dealers and vendors on some conversion and views info you are experiencing with your videos!

Thanks,

Eley

I would like to hear about actual results from Video. I do see video products increasing time on site and taking up geography on Google; however, I am not convinced they are impacting conversions

Jay,

I read all the studies, I would scrutinize my own dealers analytics and conversion rates with and without video but still found myself asking the same question. Here is a thread I started back in 2011 around questioning the results of video http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/does-video-really-increase-time-site-1974.html <-- recommended read.

At this point, I defer to the numerous studies around video and it's influence on conversion.

There are many elements within a website that contribute towards conversion other than the usual Price, Photos, Comments and a clear CTA.

Reactions: 1 person
Update!

Unity has been awesome! Our CCC guru Seth has been working with Phil Sura and his team to do some cool things with our video's and hopefully get our views and conversions rocking. I want to thank Phil, Steve and Tricia at Unity, and Nicole and Kate at DealerOn for helping us.

We will be sure to update the thread to how this turns out.

I would still like to hear from some dealers and vendors on some conversion and views info you are experiencing with your videos!

Thanks,

Eley

Eley, glad to hear you are getting things straight with UnityWorks. I've been using their services for years, across many dealers and it's one of the few companies I will go out of my to recommend. They offer a great video solution for dealers and IMO are one of the best values available if you take full advantage of their services and technology.