• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best Laptop under $1500.00

Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brian
I want a new laptop and I don't care if it weighs 10 pounds - Have you seen this new Acer laptop?
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS8940G-6865 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 18.4" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M - Laptops / Notebooks
I plan on using it at home when I'm too lazy to fire up my desktop and besides the neighbors have been complaining about a power surge :rofl: I might use this for lan parties as well.
Pros: DDR 3 mem, blu ray, nice graphics card, quad core and it's mobile.
Cons: It's big! As one reviewer put it "godzilla like" it's a laptop and you can't upgrade.

the other one that I have been looking at is this Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Black/Blue - G60Vx-RBBX09
Pros: It's sexy and less money! I like Asus and love their motherboards but not quite sure about their laptops.
Cons: DDR 2 Mem and no blu ray

any other thoughts or suggestions? Don't say get a desktop because thats what I would say :lol: but in this case I want some mobile power.

One of the people I trust a lot when it comes to technology has been raving about the new Sony laptops. He is using Win7 64Bit and loves it. He also switched from Apple to this and says this combination is better. He was the person who helped convince me to switch to Apple.

Don't know if that helps? I also haven't checked pricing - he doesn't blink an eye at the price of any technology, so it is probably expensive.