• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Bing vs. Google

FromPA

Noob
Sep 16, 2009
First Name
A CRM
I like it...love the picture a day Idea, it must be a revenue pig from all the Dept. of Tourisms and stuff like that. The searches seem to be a little more on topic as well.

Survey says....

mwisdom

Noob
Sep 16, 2009
First Name
Matt
I really don't like Bing. Maybe subconsciously I'm afraid of change, or it is just ridiculous. I think Microsoft should've saved their $100 million dollars and had a really awesome party. What don't I like about Bing? It's not Google. Google has my heart and my soul.

Site2Text

Noob
Sep 18, 2009
First Name
Site2Text.com
I really don't like Bing. Maybe subconsciously I'm afraid of change, or it is just ridiculous. I think Microsoft should've saved their $100 million dollars and had a really awesome party. What don't I like about Bing? It's not Google. Google has my heart and my soul.
For me, I link Google better because I rank better on Google :D. I think most of Bing's 100 million went to brand recognition.

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
First Name
Mitch
Survey might be a little skewed on true Bing use from this crowd, so many of us are cemented into Google because of all the extras... PPC, Analytics, Reader, Docs and on it goes. That's not to say its just simpler and easier... I'll stick with the company who spends millions to increase search speed by just nano seconds and not the humdrum of a "search engine 2.0"... I'm for functionality!

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
May 1, 2006
First Name
Alex
Google is still over 3/4ths the searches and there are something like 3 Billion searches performed on their site per month....and growing.

terrencegordon

Getting Refreshed
Apr 20, 2009
First Name
Terrence
Google simply brings more relevant results. Microsoft has yet to perfect their algorithm, and is years behind Google's. I do like the layout, the features and the video results on bing however.

Sep 23, 2009
First Name
Greg
Have you read this:
Bing Keeps Pecking Away At Search Share And Making Gains

U.S. Core Search Share, August 2009 (Source: comScore qSearch)
Google 64.6% -0.1% m/m +1.3% y.y
Yahoo 19.3% 0.0% m/m -0.4% y/y
Microsoft 9.3% +0.4% m/m +0.9% y/y
AOL 3.0% -0.01% m/m -1.3% y/y
Ask 3.9% 0.03% m/m -0.4% y/y

Bing (Because Its Not Google) is gaining share.

ghen

Jr. Refresher
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason
Google simply brings more relevant results. Microsoft has yet to perfect their algorithm, and is years behind Google's. I do like the layout, the features and the video results on bing however.

My thoughts exactly. Google personally gives better results. That being said, Bing apparently is a really good brand name because less tech savvy people around my office enjoy talking about it.

Last edited:

FromPA

Noob
Sep 16, 2009
First Name
A CRM
TRU-

Thanks for the link! interesting article. Some of the comments along the side were even better! I agree Google is the better search, but the stats don't lie people are starting to use it. Read this quote: MSFT $25/share and rising? :dunno:

Scott - AdRocket (@milener) - September 22nd, 2009 at 11:04 am CDT

“destory Google” is absurd goal, it should be to win a large portion of the market who responds to a different experience. To win over up and coming internet users who may not have a Google affinity yet with a cooler search service.