DealerAuthority Black Friday Hangover?

erika_simms

Administrator
Oct 16, 2018
First Name
Erika
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Monday after Thanksgiving - you made it.

Just curious how everyone's Black Friday went? Did you see any successes from special incentives that you would like to share? How did you go the extra mile for your customers? We want to hear all the WINS.

ExtraMile.png

giphy.gif

I don't work in the dealership, but if Google Analytics was any indicator - most dealership's don't have a high octane Black Friday. Also, is anyone really offering a "Black Friday"-level deal? I saw some dealerships offering $250 towards protection packages when you purchase a car as their Black Friday deal. I'm sorry, but that's just not what people are looking for on Black Friday.

I don't work in the dealership, but if Google Analytics was any indicator - most dealership's don't have a high octane Black Friday. Also, is anyone really offering a "Black Friday"-level deal? I saw some dealerships offering $250 towards protection packages when you purchase a car as their Black Friday deal. I'm sorry, but that's just not what people are looking for on Black Friday.

I hear you! Every dealership is different and this is the main reason why we posted this thread. We've seen some dealers that have blown their sales quota out of the water, and did so by really pushing their incentives on social and web, and then other dealers that have fallen in that "meh" category. It is good to hear what is working and what might not be working as well.

Alex is right - November can really be a jumping off point for an epic December!

November is one of those months that is either kick ass or ho-hum. Black Friday isn't a dealership thing. But the first three weeks of December can be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

It's been ho-humm so far.

I'm not sure consumers truly expect to get some crazy deal on Black Friday at a car dealership. No more than they would any other day of the week. However, dealers could take advantage of consumers being in purchase mode while finding a strong campaign that would get people through the door - maybe increasing your average closing ratio - activity breed activity. He a great time for an equity or pull-ahead campaign.