• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BlackBook Partners With Cars.com

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Black Book has partnered with Cars.com to become the company’s official USED CAR Trade-In vehicle valuation service.

Cars.com customers can now leverage the same Black Book trade-in valuation used by car dealers nationwide when pricing their vehicle.

“Accurate vehicle values serve as an important guide for consumers navigating the vehicle selling and trade-in process,” said Barbara Mousigian, vice president of product for Cars.com. “We know Cars.com’s 30-plus million monthly visitors will be able to count on the trusted name of Black Book during this critical part of the car shopping process, and we’re proud to join forces.”

Jared Kalfus, Black Book’s vice president of data licensing, added: “Cars.com is a leader in providing consumers with the resources they need during the buying and selling process. We are extremely excited to expand our long-standing relationship with the company to now provide Black Book’s industry-leading vehicle values directly to Cars.com consumers.”

Reactions: 1 person
For dealers, in Texas, this will put them on the same page with their customers. Often, consumers used KBB which would give high values for imports but very low values for domestics and pickup trucks. If they had valued their pickup in KBB, you could often steal it.

There will always be issues with customers over evaluating their vehicles using any book. I remember a customer telling me their vehicle was "extra clean". I wouldn't even sit in this car, it was so nasty. My suit was worth more than that POS.

Reactions: 1 person