• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Brain Power Needed

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
Okay, let's see how good you all are. I am going to NADA and my booth Vendor is working with me to design my booth. I need a tag line.

Uncle Joe gave me one earlier, but I am not so sure I want the word "advertising" in my tag line since I am not an advertising company.

Here is his:

More Sales with Less Advertising.
Ask About Our Ninja Training Secrets <-- I like that!

Here are some things I've been thinking.

Turning Opportunities into Appointments
Ask About Our Ninja Training Secrets

More Sales Minus The Added Expense

Where Leads Become Appointments

What would get you to stop at my booth? Help... I am taxing my brain and running out of time.

More Sales with Less Advertising.
......................Ask About Our Ninja Training Secrets

Jerry,

Here's the science behind my suggestion. The mission is to create a WIFM that'll stop a decision maker in his tracks. Decision makers are paid to wrestle with many many decisions, one of them is paying money to buy traffic (read: Advertising). When it comes to advertising, decision makers know they have to spend more to get more. They don't mind spending more if it works... But... what works? Look at us auto dealers fight over AutoTrader.com ROI!!! Decision Makers (DM) are in the dark and feel like using voodoo dolls and tealeaves to help them decide which black hole to toss the cash into in hopes that ROI comes out the other end.

"More Sales with LESS Advertising"
Your asking the DM to spend less and get more. THIS IS ROI IN THE CROSSHAIRS. Jerry, you can't argue this, if any dealer gets all its crew trained and executing in Phone-up Ninja tactics a DM could cut their ad budget (read: higher profits)!! But, the aggressive DM will see higher ROI from his existing spend AND he's see MORE ROI from more spending because you're teaching his army how to sell better.

Don't forget the rest of my suggestions where you find a way to entertain the visitors that have to wait to talk to you. I am sure you'll find a pretty gal, but think 6 deep and you 2 can only help so many at once.

G'Luck JT! HTH!

Last edited:
Joe,

You're a brilliant guy and it's hard to not just run with what you say. My only thought is that you still need to advertise to make the phone ring. So is that the right message?

Jerry,

Think about it, how can you get an appointment from a phone that dosent ring?

You're fishing for bodies to cross your threshold and initiate a discussion. You need the strongest and most unique WIFM you can make to make this happen.

The message is simple...
MORE PROFITS WITHOUT SPENDING MORE. <---that's a tired tag line, everyone uses it, don't use it!!!!

I like More Sales with LESS Advertising. However, it's too broad of a slogan -- there will be a sea of sales slogans at every turn. I think you can best capitalize on a phrase that will immediately identify with what you do. Honestly, I'd lose the "Ask about our Ninja Secrets." So maybe something like ...

Your Next Appointment Just Hung Up!
Stop and Start Your Phone Ninja Training Today.

Or,
Stop and Start Your FREE Phone Ninja Training Today ... if you are giving anything away.