• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Branding Yourself on YouTube!

Great job Elise! You do a great job in front of the camera.

Do you have any tips for people that are not comfortable in front of the camera. Let's face it - it's not easy for most but like anything, the more you do it, the better and more comfortable you get with it.

I'll be the first to admit - I don't like myself on video. :( I cringe. I completed a full series of training videos that I have yet to have ever watched.

Before you get started in the series on how to brand yourself, It would be great to let us know how you got started in video and how you overcame your initial jitters with being in font of a camera.

BTW - We look forward to hosting your series of videos over on the blog as well.

Great job Elise! You do a great job in front of the camera.

Do you have any tips for people that are not comfortable in front of the camera. Let's face it - it's not easy for most but like anything, the more you do it, the better and more comfortable you get with it.

I'll be the first to admit - I don't like myself on video. :( I cringe. I completed a full series of training videos that I have yet to have ever watched.

Before you get started in the series on how to brand yourself, It would be great to let us know how you got started in video and how you overcame your initial jitters with being in font of a camera.

BTW - We look forward to hosting your series of videos over on the blog as well.

Thank you Jeff,

My Part 2 Video will touch base on how to get comfortable around the camera-no one is perfect, as comfortable as it may seem that I am in front of the camera, haha-there are numerous mess ups that the customer never sees.

I still get the jitters, not as much as I used to-but I just know that any mess ups I can edit out in the end.

Great thread!

I've been wanting to do this for some time but nobody is interested in seeing some old guy on video. I have four good candidates but Phoenix is a melting pot. I have two guys from New York, one from Chicago and the other is from England. I have started phonics with the group and as soon as they speak normally, like someone from the deep south, we're in.

Last edited:
FYI-

For those of you that create ads for YT for the dealer, it can be viewed by the attorney general in your state as a form of advertising a vehicle for sale and therefore needs to have the same disclaimers than any other ad in your state.

Even if it is done by a salesperson but it is in the dealer's YT channel or website, you are liable.

Each video can be used as a strike, therefore getting penalized by each one you make if you are creating one for every car in inventory for example.

Reactions: 1 person