• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Can VinSolutions Processes be Solved?

rapidchevrolet.com

Full Sticker
Nov 9, 2009
First Name
Matt
Hi-Everyone,

We are having a problem with vinsolutions and can't seem to solve it.

When we contact a customer and have connected via email or phone it stops all processes? Is there a way that it won't stop them, we are losing leads in the system since all reminders calls, tasks, etc. are stopped!! Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt Scott

Hi-Everyone,

We are having a problem with vinsolutions and can't seem to solve it.

When we contact a customer and have connected via email or phone it stops all processes? Is there a way that it won't stop them, we are losing leads in the system since all reminders calls, tasks, etc. are stopped!! Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt Scott

This has been one of the most frequent requests we have received. So we have been working on this and one other major change for a while now. Ironically enough, the changes are live on our beta site right now and will be released to everyone on Wednesday this week!

Here are the two major changes

1. Ability to specify when processes are stopped. Contact made, appt set, appt shown, or when the lead is marked lost, bad, or sold.
2. We now support custom follow up processes. You can make any type of process you want and put any active lead in that process! Ex. hot lead, long term follow up, bad credit, etc.

Here is what the new settings look like and you can see these by going to the sales process screen on the beta site.

https://apps.vinmanager.com/cardashboardbeta/login.aspx

Please let us know what you think!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 105
The new enhancements went live and they are AWESOME! There's so much I can do with them I can't even decide where to start! I've created custom activities for my BDC to take over deals where the salespeople have dropped the ball, special mailing lists from Acura and I will probably end up with 15 to 20 different one's by Friday. I set up the processes differently for the BDC-Internet than for the salespeople as I don't have the process stop on salespeople until the customer buys a vehicle! The system was great before and now it is just that much better!

I've screwed with them already myself as well. I also like the addition to the customer screen where you select your process.

One thing I'd like to see that would make the whole system even more cohesive is adding Custom Processes to the Process Termination list. When my internet process stops due to an email reply, that customer will be automatically put on my custom process for internet prospects that haven't made an appointment yet. Then, when my custom process terminates due to an appointment being "shown" the process will automatically change to my Showroom Visit Follow-Up process.

I've screwed with them already myself as well. I also like the addition to the customer screen where you select your process.

One thing I'd like to see that would make the whole system even more cohesive is adding Custom Processes to the Process Termination list. When my internet process stops due to an email reply, that customer will be automatically put on my custom process for internet prospects that haven't made an appointment yet. Then, when my custom process terminates due to an appointment being "shown" the process will automatically change to my Showroom Visit Follow-Up process.

Someone earlier described it as a "Create your own adventure book" :)

This is what we are working towards!