• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealer SEO x Robots?

And yeah - content HAS to be written by humans. Anyone who's charging for SEO services and using AI content should be avoided like the plague.

It's super easy to test the content (this also catches overseas-written content, or poorly-written content). Just read it out loud to another person. If it doesn't sound conversational, then it's bad content. Everything on your site - and your blog - should sound like something you say face-to-face to a customer.

And don't forget to check word count. Most vendors deliver 350-450 words per piece of content... But if you want to show as a search result for any search query, then you need to have the best answer in the local area to the question a searcher is asking. That's pretty much impossible to do in 350-450 words.

Reactions: JessicaRobertson
There are a number of stores in my 20Group, after one of them won the Best Idea session with Jasper, who use it to come up with a starting point for new email response templates and other short content. Those can be tough to write for many and for smaller orgs without a marketing professional or copywriter, or agency to help them start. For SEO companies, I would cry foul if I learned they were using bot generated content and still charging a premium. When I was at Dealer Inspire/Launch Digital, I couldn't believe how large the SEO team was in relation to all other teams. I think it was as large as the client services team, 50 to 60 people, and that was in 2016... Content takes time and humans, the combination of which does equal expense. Currently, if you have an "SEO Package" with a provider for $299, $699, or anything less than $1,000 I would have to assume you aren't getting much in return. You get what you pay for in the SEO category. Or am I out of touch on today's market?

But are they? Most of the big automotive SEO vendors, IF content creation is even included in the SEO package, have too large of a client count to do a decent job.

Guess we can't hate on them too much, it's capitalism at work! Decrease your personnel expense = more profit
That's the right question for sure. Asking if they are using those tools & how would be interesting.

There's no shame in boosting services with relevant tools, everyone does it. It just have make sense & not decrease quality. In any way, it'll show for when it comes down to showing results.

I believe it's a great way to help auto dealers do this in-house instead of outsourcing. Again, it needs to be used correctly and teams have to put some thought into how to create that content.

View attachment 7494

Exposé: Automotive SEO vendors aren't using human writers.

Yes, you heard that right; many of the top SEO vendors in the automotive space use Jasper.ai, an artificial intelligence content writing software, to quickly crank out blog articles for their clients.

So, should car dealers care if their blog posts are not entirely written by a human and instead generated by AI? Should dealers perhaps receive a discount or a larger volume of blog posts to compensate?

Really depends.

The fact of the matter is Google doesn't care.
As long as the content is high-quality and proofread/edited/fact-checked by a human.

However, google hates plagiarism, and all AI currently is are language models that basically re-explain already written info often times getting caught in plagiarism detectors such as CopyLeak.

Plus SEO to begin with in the dealership space is such a scam. Everyone charges thousands for doing very little actual SEO work.