• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealers are suffering from #FakeNews.

lightnup

Noob
Nov 21, 2009
First Name
Stanley
And yet, having just completed a used car purchase myself, I can tell you that an $899 “doc fee” is every bit as offensive to car buyers as a “resort fee” is to you who like to stay at resorts.

Another tactic being used by multiple franchised dealers in my area: “See this online price? Yeah, it’s really $1,000 higher if you don’t finance with us and then another $1,000 higher if you don’t have a trade.”

Would you be happy paying more for a room at your resort because you brought your own golf clubs instead of renting theirs?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
May 1, 2005
First Name
Jeff
And yet, having just completed a used car purchase myself, I can tell you that an $899 “doc fee” is every bit as offensive to car buyers as a “resort fee” is to you who like to stay at resorts.

Another tactic being used by multiple franchised dealers in my area: “See this online price? Yeah, it’s really $1,000 higher if you don’t finance with us and then another $1,000 higher if you don’t have a trade.”

Would you be happy paying more for a room at your resort because you brought your own golf clubs instead of renting theirs?
@lightnup uhhhhhh wow. Where the hell did you come from? :bow: